Gibson Brands Forums

Robin Trower

CoreyT

I got the album back around '73 when it came out, and later on got the CD back around 2005 or so.

I need to try and figure out how to play this song, has always been a favorite.

Also picked up (will be here Thursday) the Dunlop Classic Wah with that Fasel chip in it, will be fun using it, and maybe my Wampler Faux Tape Delay pedal to try and play some of Trowers stuff.

Compare it to a much younger Trower.

same here, got it in 73, and got the CD as soon as I could find it.

a CLASSIC treasure for sure, I have that on the iPod and it gets a spin about once a week.

I'm in a trio and we cover Day Of The Eagle, it's a definite WAKE UP for people when we kick that puppy off.

Used to do Bridge of Sighs too and we've considered resurrecting it, (it's just not much of a toe tapper!) it's not THAT hard to cover, I think he used a uni-vibe on the album, but a reasonably deep chorus with some spacey delay should get ya in the ball park.

But ya Corey that is one of my all time favorite 70s classic.

have fun getting it in the zone!

hey Corey, I just watched some of the recent vids, man, Robin's STILL GOT IT!

Did you hear his Living Out Of Time cd yet?

sounds like the same singer as in these recent vids

it's good.. check it out.

Don't you think this thread has to include a mention of "Too Rolling Stoned"? [wink] My all time favorite Trower cut. One of my major goals in being able to play guitar is to do it justice. (Someday a long time from now [blush])

Ditto!

Then there's The Fool And Me, and Little Bit Of Sympathy, and... I could go on.. It's a KILLER album

Thanks, I dig all the songs in the Sighs album.

I will check out the latest one you mentioned via Amazon's store.

I switched from buying my MP3s via iTunes to Amazon.

I like having all my bought stuff in the cloud, plus I can download it all to my Kindle Fire and my Droid Bionic as well as my home pc and at work.

I like having all my bought stuff in the cloud, plus I can download it all to my Kindle Fire and my Droid Bionic as well as my home pc and at work.

that's a good point, I'm sort of in the dark ages and haven't taken on to the cloud yet.

My first experience with the cloud was when I got the Kindle Fire when it first came out.

I am on my work PC right now, and all I have to do is log into Amazon and hit the Cloud area, and there is all of my bought music, and if I want, I can upload my other MP3s from home to it too.

But I have already put all of my tunes that were on my Droid straight to the PC here at work, but if I jumped on another work PC and logged into Amazon, they would be there in the Cloud to play on that PC, pretty cool.

I need to try and figure out how to play this song, has always been a favorite.

Also picked up (will be here Thursday) the Dunlop Classic Wah with that Fasel chip in it, will be fun using it, and maybe my Wampler Faux Tape Delay pedal to try and play some of Trowers stuff.

I love his sound. You're gonna need something swirly though - not just a wah and an echo. A Univibe will work well obviously -or a vibe clone. I find the Electric Mistress is a good ticket to Trower land as well.

I love his sound. You're gonna need something swirly though - not just a wah and an echo. A Univibe will work well obviously -or a vibe clone. I find the Electric Mistress is a good ticket to Trower land as well.

Thanks, I will have to check out some YouTube vids on the other pedals.

I may need to upgrade from a Pedal Train 2 to a bigger one.

Thanks, I will have to check out some YouTube vids on the other pedals.

I may need to upgrade from a Pedal Train 2 to a bigger one.

he definitely used a univibe for that, I use a line 6 modulator (dl something,, the big blue one..) it has a univibe model, works passably well... but definitely an electric mistress would be the shiznitz.

@Kaleb - cool man, I'm usually quite surprised the amount of people will comment about covering the older Trower tunes. seems it's a nostalgic shot in the arm! on a side bar, my drummer (who is my 33 yr old Son) and the bass player just NAIL this stuff. it makes it easy!

Thanks Kid.

Have you viewed the videos yet on Dunlops page I posted yesterday?

I have seen this one before several months back, but it is pretty funny with guy's describing the wah wah sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJmY_av_69E&feature=player_embedded

I have an old wah wah pedal in storage at my sisters I will have to dig out one day.

It says Vox on it I am sure, but on the bottom plate you unscrew for the battery, it says Thomas Organ on it.

I got that brand new back around '72 or '73.

Thanks Kid.

Have you viewed the videos yet on Dunlops page I posted yesterday?

I have seen this one before several months back, but it is pretty funny with guy's describing the wah wah sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJmY_av_69E&feature=player_embedded

I have an old wah wah pedal in storage at my sisters I will have to dig out one day.

It says Vox on it I am sure, but on the bottom plate you unscrew for the battery, it says Thomas Organ on it.

I got that brand new back around '72 or '73.

I'll check that Vid out -- I have two Vox Wahs.. go get it, stick a 9v in it and see what happens! Many of the new ones have true bypass, so maybe that's one thing the 70's era pedals would lack

• 3 weeks later...

Archived