Gibson Brands Forums

Has anyone seen a bridge like this?

J-45Girl

Definitely felt tip, done in 1986. I even had the guitar refinished so the sig wouldn't come off. What was I thinking?? [biggrin] -

Here it is, my first true love:

Gibson1.jpg

You weren't thinking, Jgirl. You were feeling. Not sure if that's good...or if it matters at all.

Definitely felt tip, done in 1986. I even had the guitar refinished so the sig wouldn't come off. What was I thinking?? [biggrin] -

Here it is, my first true love:

Whoooouw, , , , there we have the whole iceberg. And what a precious rock'n'roll item that is.

1986 – that might have been just after his major break through with Born in The USA and Dancing in The Dark. So you were on that wave as it happened – to a degree where you even brought the Gibson out (or invited Bruce home). Serious stuff all highly appreciated here on the Board. That guitar is one distinguish 'persona'. Hep for sharing, , , and don't hesitate to tell the rest of the B.S. story if you feel like it.

Whoooouw, , , , there we have the whole iceberg. And what a precious rock'n'roll item that it.

1986 – that might have been just after his major break through with Born in The USA and Dancing in The Dark. So you were on that wave as it happened – to a degree where you even brought the Gibson out (or invited Bruce home). Serious stuff all highly appreciated here on the Board. That guitar is one distinguish 'persona'. Hep for sharing, , , and don't hesitate to tell the rest of the B.S. story if you feel like it.

Wellllllll......I was the stables manager at the San Ysidro Ranch in So. Calif. for 7 years, where the rich and famous went to play. I took Bruce his 1st wife out on a horseback ride, they were at the Ranch for their honeymoon. They wanted to go out riding quite late - after my working hours, and I already had my regular guitar lesson to go to so I was dithering. He said he'd give me a lesson if I did it, so I agreed. When it came time for the lesson after the trail ride, I asked him if he would sign my guitar instead. He was very nice and gave me a lot of encouragement. They were both back the next year, Bruce remembered me and we had another long chat about guitars/music while on a trail ride. He was the nicest celeb I ever met. I was 22 at the time. I don't really mind having the sig there, it brings back some great memories.

Wellllllll......I was the stables manager at the San Ysidro Ranch in So. Calif. for 7 years, where the rich and famous went to play. I took Bruce his 1st wife out on a horseback ride, they were at the Ranch for their honeymoon. They wanted to go out riding quite late - after my working hours, and I already had my regular guitar lesson to go to so I was dithering. He said he'd give me a lesson if I did it, so I agreed. When it came time for the lesson after the trail ride, I asked him if he would sign my guitar instead. He was very nice and gave me a lot of encouragement. They were both back the next year, Bruce remembered me and we had another long chat about guitars/music while on a trail ride. He was the nicest celeb I ever met. I was 22 at the time. I don't really mind having the sig there, it brings back some great memories.

Terrific memory to have - it must have been like a dream for you at the time, , , maybe still is. . .

Archived