Gibson Brands Forums

My first Build

RS1976

Cool, I have been GASing for a DC with a single pickup for a while and have been close to pulling the trigger on one of these kits but I still hope that Gibson will make this model as affordable as the single cut Jr.

Single cut is $699 while the DC is almost twice as expensive as an exclusive through AMS,

I hope one day Gibson realizes how fast these DC kits are selling,

Cool, I have been GASing for a DC with a single pickup for a while and have been close to pulling the trigger on one of these kits but I still hope that Gibson will make this model as affordable as the single cut Jr.

Single cut is $699 while the DC is almost twice as expensive as an exclusive through AMS,

I hope one day Gibson realizes how fast these DC kits are selling,

Yeah cause the ONLY DC they offer is a CS 60' R.I. and I am not real horny about paying 2k for a DC special.

Yeah cause the ONLY DC they offer is a CS 60' R.I. and I am not real horny about paying 2k for a DC special.

Nope, they have the American Musical Supply exclusive model for $1,100 which includes a hardshell case, (this is more than $100 less since last time I checked)

Here is a link.

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-GIB-LPJJD-LIST

Nope, they have the American Musical Supply exclusive model for $1,100 which includes a hardshell case, (this is more than $100 less since last time I checked)

Here is a link.

http://www.americanm...-GIB-LPJJD-LIST

Not a bad price for that, I have a straight junior already.

I have been GASing for a DC 2 pup. to put p-90's in. Should have clarified that.

I love the 60 RI, but like I said, not paying 2k for a DC.

good eye.

yes its from PGK. their man Phil is helpful, and the process of making something all your own is awesome. of course i had some help via some Benedictine monks whose wood shop i was allowed to use!

i coulda bought a guitar sure. but there's a whole different experience when seeing to a guitar yourself.

it was done as a meditation actually. and in meditation you're brought face to face with yourself. and when things don't go right you really see who you are and where you need to improve.

thus, i learned a lot. about myself, and i learned a great deal about the beginnings of the instrument making process!!

Is that from Precision Guitar Kits? I was looking into one before my beloved nashville dc jr popped up at a used music store, $700 out the door!

Woa, that turned out awesome. I'd love to try one of those Jr kits. I wouldn't have any problems with the assembly, I'd mostly be worried about finishing. I unfortunately don't have a shop where I could spray the lacquer. [sad]

Archived