Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson L-00 True Vintage

CrazyHeart

Yes, I have what I believe to be the first one built. I'm not sure it is added to the Gibson line as a production model but they should. It is not listed anywhere on the Gibson web site. Mine was especially orderd by Bailey Brothers in Birmingham and built to their specifications.. They ordered two and the other was still in the store as of a couple of weeks ago. Call Bailey Bothers at 205-271-7827 and talk to Keith. I will say that it is a wonderful wonderful guitar. I had a Blues King and the TV is twice the guitar by any measure. Buy one if you get the chance and are looking for a 00 size Gibson. Cost is about the same as a J-45 TV. Much less than the Legend. Best for blues and fingerpicking.

Here are some specs:

Adirondack Red Spruce top

Mahogany back and sides

Mahogany neck

Short scale

French Heel

Rosewood fingerboard

RectangularBridge

Bone nut and Saddle

Color Vintge sunburst and double antique TV Style

Firestriipe pickguard

Script Logo

Nut width 1.725 width

I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow.

Thanks guys!

Yes, they do exist, though not as regular production. There are a couple of versions floating around, both similar but one with a bigger neck. Both have to be special ordered by a Five Star Dealer.

Also, you can always talk to a 5 Star and get something custom built just for yourself! This is the great thing with Montana. If it's not in the product line up, they will still build you one! It's not nearly as hard as it is to get something from Nashville Custom, it takes less time, and is very affordable.

Was the bigger neck a Legend-style neck? Anybody have one?

Jerry, if someone can describe the necks on the L-OO TV, I can compare them to the neck on my L-OO Legend. Sounds to me like it could be an extraordianry value when compared to the Legend, and it will be interesting to do a feature-by-feature comparison.

Jerry, if someone can describe the necks on the L-OO TV, I can compare them to the neck on my L-OO Legend. Sounds to me like it could be an extraordianry value when compared to the Legend, and it will be interesting to do a feature-by-feature comparison.

Nick,

Modoc has a special order L-00 with a Legend size neck. It is much chuncker than the neck of my TV. I've played both and the difference is noticable. I would compare the TV neck with one on the J45TV ... that is somewhat thicker than the "comfort contour" neck found on the modern J45 Standard and also larger than on my late Blues King that I found quite small, that is, about the same size as the '66 small bodies, which you know are skinny. From our previous discussion, we know that your Legend also has a thicker body than the modern L-00TV. It would be interesting to compare the tone of the two, given the various body debths.

Archived