Gibson Brands Forums

Hot Tuna, rocking at 72

jaxson50

I remember when I was a kid,my older sis had the woodstock album,,that was one of my first intros to HOT TUNA,,there still great today,,and yes that Bass solo was really cool. Makes me wonder about new bands today how many will sound as good as these guys do 30 yrs from now! lol Thanks for sharing.

The first time I saw them was on the Jefferson Airplane's original fareweel tour in 1970. The MC for the night was a local DJ Michael J Cavanaugh, he was a friend of mine and snuck me into the party after the show. What a night that was! Jamming and debauchery that lived up to the image of a 60's S.F. rock band I assure you!!

Momma Told Me Don't Go, could have been the theme song...

Hot Tuna just released a new CD,

http://hottuna.com/s...-albums-of-2011

All electric..thats a big change. I would love to go to the Fur Peace Ranch!

Hey Jaxson,

I'm going to Fur Peace for the first time this weekend.

I'll try and report when I get back. Saw Jorma and Jack in Austin last month. Jack is pretty darn cool. Always looks like he's enjoying himself. I only play bass now and then but would love to have a JC sugnature Epiphone.

David (Big Muddy) -New guy

Hey Jaxson,

I'm going to Fur Peace for the first time this weekend.

I'll try and report when I get back. Saw Jorma and Jack in Austin last month. Jack is pretty darn cool. Always looks like he's enjoying himself. I only play bass now and then but would love to have a JC sugnature Epiphone.

David (Big Muddy) -New guy

YOU LUCKY DAWG!!!

Archived