Gibson Brands Forums

1953 Gibson J-45

tvguit

The link worked for me...even with my crappy dial-up access. Halfway down the page though, my computer froze up. It was lust for the L00!

I loved that little L-00. It was so comfortable to sit on the couch and spend hours just noodling. I felt like I was just a dude in 1937 with no money, job or anything else to do except play the blues. Unfortunately I was in school at the time and had to sell her. I really was just a guy with no (real) job or money!

I loved that little L-00. It was so comfortable to sit on the couch and spend hours just noodling. I felt like I was just a dude in 1937 with no money, job or anything else to do except play the blues. Unfortunately I was in school at the time and had to sell her. I really was just a guy with no (real) job or money!

Too bad...I was going to make an offer. Sold mine and now regret. I'll try the blog again.

Hmm not sure what is going on with that? It is just the standard blogger site. Maybe the pictures are too big? Try this link: True Vintage Guitar Blog: 1953 Gibson J-45. That one goes directly to the post of the J-45.

That link caused me no problem. I have a two-tone Braz fingerboard and if it weren't for the fact that my J45 is a '57 and has the pointed p'guard, I'd swear we had the same git.

That link caused me no problem. I have a two-tone Braz fingerboard and if it weren't for the fact that my J45 is a '57 and has the pointed p'guard, I'd swear we had the same git.

Maybe they used part of that stick for my board and stuck the rest in a box until '57. Post a picture!

I'll get to photographing it as soon as it comes back from the doctor's office. The bridge AND block have hairline cracks, as well as the notorious 'shrinking p'guard crack' that creeps up from the soundhole alongside the neck. I'm OK at basic repairs but couldn't get my cleat to hold. I've just become familiarized with Photobucket and can now probably get you a decent shot of it. I'll look back to see if I already have a pic somewhere.

I'll get to photographing it as soon as it comes back from the doctor's office. The bridge AND block have hairline cracks, as well as the notorious 'shrinking p'guard crack' that creeps up from the soundhole alongside the neck. I'm OK at basic repairs but couldn't get my cleat to hold. I've just become familiarized with Photobucket and can now probably get you a decent shot of it. I'll look back to see if I already have a pic somewhere.

Can't wait to see it. I am a fan of resecuring the pickguard with double stick tape but I hadn't come to that conclusion when I was getting the work done on this one.

My '43 is at the doctor's office and it is killing me. Can't wait to get it back!

Can't wait to see it. I am a fan of resecuring the pickguard with double stick tape but I hadn't come to that conclusion when I was getting the work done on this one.

My '43 is at the doctor's office and it is killing me. Can't wait to get it back!

Just sent a pic to your email. Self explanatory (I hope).

Archived