Gibson Brands Forums

Maxon AD-9 Pro

Dub-T-123

I'm kindof a delay fiend and I was looking for a good compact analog delay that I could gig with. I got a good deal on a Maxon AD-9 Pro and have one coming in the mail.

Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with them. Did I make a good choice?

I've never actually tried one, I kinda just got it on faith.

Here's mine.

The Maxon AD 999.

Pure anolog delay.

Think I paid $165.00 used.

You know, there's one on Ebay right now with a starting bid of $145.00 and a BIN of $170.00.

That's a great deal for an excellent delay pedal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sOdzH6tvqY

Do you have the pro version or the normal one? I'm getting the AD9 but the "pro" one (longer delay time plus multi head mode)

Cause I've always got the Dark Cloud when I want one :) I also have an Echo Base that I built, and it's really similar to the Dark Cloud but with modulation.

Anyways, I was really looking for a more practical alternative to my Memory Man now that I'm gigging pretty regularly

I just googled it, looks great; I too am a bit of a 'delay fiend' and a few years back I got the AD-999 pro which is a bit over the top but a superb pedal; I had to special order it, long wait 2-3 months but Maxon is very high quality gear as you know...I'm sure you will be happy with it when it comes!

That's awesome! The AD999 Pro is pretty crazy. Do you get any noise from it at longer delay times? Most analog delays only get about half as long delay times

Do you use the multi head settings much? My El Capistan has multi head settings that I never really use but they're pretty cool anyways

That's awesome! The AD999 Pro is pretty crazy. Do you get any noise from it at longer delay times? Most analog delays only get about half as long delay times

Do you use the multi head settings much? My El Capistan has multi head settings that I never really use but they're pretty cool anyways

Now that you mention it....I don't hear any more noise at the longer settings, think there is probably a compander in the circuit like in yours. The multi head switches give you 3/8, 4/8 and 5/8, which is good for some things like the Floyd 'One of these Days' bassline effect, John Martyn-type rhythmic repeats or the Albert Lee doubling...not that I've even mastered that kind of stuff. Also the multihead thing is a little bit like the 3 delay buttons on my old WEM Copicat tape delay. I wanted the 'ultimate' analog delay, I'm not sure if there is one though! The El Cap - must check that out sometime, I found out the DMB Lunar Echo also has the momentary button and looks very tasty too. Then there's the Analog Man dual delay, and the MG Space City Echo, have a quick look at this -

http://crushthebutton.com/products/space-city-echo

But it's not on the MG fx website.

I'm hoping to see a Dark Cloud this week sometime.....!

Regards!

Now that you mention it....I don't hear any more noise at the longer settings, think there is probably a compander in the circuit like in yours. The multi head switches give you 3/8, 4/8 and 5/8, which is good for some things like the Floyd 'One of these Days' bassline effect, John Martyn-type rhythmic repeats or the Albert Lee doubling...not that I've even mastered that kind of stuff. Also the multihead thing is a little bit like the 3 delay buttons on my old WEM Copicat tape delay. I wanted the 'ultimate' analog delay, I'm not sure if there is one though! The El Cap - must check that out sometime, I found out the DMB Lunar Echo also has the momentary button and looks very tasty too. Then there's the Analog Man dual delay, and the MG Space City Echo, have a quick look at this -

http://crushthebutton.com/products/space-city-echo

But it's not on the MG fx website.

I'm hoping to see a Dark Cloud this week sometime.....!

Regards!

Now that I got the Maxon I see they're totally noiseless. Mine has about 450ms of delay I think. Yours has like 900ms of noiseless analog delay that's freaking amazing. I don't really use delay times that long but the fact that they could even do that with analog technology is awesome.

You've got a WEM Copicat? Those are interesting. You've gotta post some of your effects collection you have some awesome stuff. If you have a WEM Pepbox or Project V I'll lose it.

The Lunar Echo is cool. I just checked out the Space City. Seems pretty rad and over the top!

I think you should get the Dark Cloud this week. Hope it gets there soon and you enjoy it!

Archived