Gibson Brands Forums

Olympic closing ceremonies

jannusguy2

I'm watching the US rebroadcast and have been since 8pm EST. Wow. While it has been an interesting stroll down memory lane musically, what it has to do with the Olympics is beyond me. Eric Idle and the roller skating nuns singing the theme from "Life of Brian"? I love it but, really? Bob Costas seems completely lost. Still waiting for Pete and Rog. I shoulda had a BT before this. Nothing says Olympics like the Pet Shop Boys.

I saw it too with my girlfriend - we had a couple of good laughs.

She said that her little indie-soul thought we should have smoked pot before joining.

I said that I would never want to offend the sports society of the whole wide world by goin beyond at the closing ceremonies.

But what a circus, man man man.

Some highlights here and there - then again I'm an old surrealist. Had my little private trip with, , , , eeeeehhh Spice Girls.

And Townshend and Daltry were good - with Zak Starkey on drums, , , and that anonymous band member playing a beautiful J-200.

Terrific show....loved it to bits !!

Some moving moments...Beatles...John Lennon...Ray Davies...The Who...Julian Lloyd Webber

Lots of humour...Eric Idle...Russell Brand...Timothy Spall

Great pixel graphics...a real showpiece of how to put on an event

V

:-({|=

Terrific show....loved it to bits !!

Some moving moments...Beatles...John Lennon...Ray Davies...The Who...Julian Lloyd Webber

Lots of humour...Eric Idle...Russell Brand...Timothy Spall

Great pixel graphics...a real showpiece of how to put on an event

V

:-({|=

that part of John Lennon and the private video was great! Man that dude had sideburns! WOW

Archived