Gibson Brands Forums

Terrible News

All the best to you Jake,that's a terrible thing to be burdened with and I hope and pray that your health and situation improve.Don't give up the fight and let this thing beat you,I've seen several cases in my years of working in health care where so-called "hopeless" terminal cases disappeared without a valid medical explaination,leaving medical experts baffled.One gentleman in particular was in Paliative Care and one Friday the doctors told his wife to call the family in as he most likely wouldn't last the weekend. The family were all called and on Monday morning,his attending Physician passed his room expecting to see him gone but there he was sitting up in bed having tea and toast.Needless to say the doctors were flabbergasted and ran all kinds of tests only to find that there wasn't a trace of cancer anywhere in his body.They could offer absolutely no explaination and the attending doctor who wasn't real religious admitted that he could only surmise that they had witnessed a miracle as medicine could never explain it.

Never give in no matter what and fight this.There are many groups that support people who are in your situation,believe me you are not alone and you would be surprised how many are in similar situations to yours and they have self-help groups all over the country.I don't know what your affliction is and that's your business but I'm willing to guess that there is an association for people with the malady that you have,in your area.Please go and contact them ASAP it may well save your life but I can guarantee that it will surely improve it.Take Care and God Bless.Please keep us up to date-don't drop your lines of communication.

Derek

All the best to you Jake,that's a terrible thing to be burdened with and I hope and pray that your health and situation improve.Don't give up the fight and let this thing beat you,I've seen several cases in my years of working in health care where so-called "hopeless" terminal cases disappeared without a valid medical explaination,leaving medical experts baffled.One gentleman in particular was in Paliative Care and one Friday the doctors told his wife to call the family in as he most likely wouldn't last the weekend. The family were all called and on Monday morning,his attending Physician passed his room expecting to see him gone but there he was sitting up in bed having tea and toast.Needless to say the doctors were flabbergasted and ran all kinds of tests only to find that there wasn't a trace of cancer anywhere in his body.They could offer absolutely no explaination and the attending doctor who wasn't real religious admitted that he could only surmise that they had witnessed a miracle as medicine could never explain it.

Never give in no matter what and fight this.There are many groups that support people who are in your situation,believe me you are not alone and you would be surprised how many are in similar situations to yours and they have self-help groups all over the country.I don't know what your affliction is and that's your business but I'm willing to guess that there is an association for people with the malady that you have,in your area.Please go and contact them ASAP it may well save your life but I can guarantee that it will surely improve it.Take Care and God Bless.Please keep us up to date-don't drop your lines of communication.

Derek

Wonderful words Derek. I wish you peace Jake.

Hello! If You have anything that's worth living for, don't give up!!! A have been cut up a year ago - the doctors removed a cancer. Lost 10 kilos - looking like a skeleton, but it's not over till I am ain't boxed yet. My Dad had 3 massive heart attacks, got operated 15 years ago...He is still active, living a happy life. Why worry? Why to be depressed? Live as nothing happened. Time comes for everyone anyways...Take care and raise Your head! Cheers... Bence

My great uncle was diagnosed with late-stage pancreatic cancer in the mid-90's and the doctor gave him just three months. When did he die? 2003. And from the cancer? Nope, he passed from a heart attack caused by going out alone in a blizzard and trying to push a snowblower through his neighbors driveway. He lived 7 years past the grim prognosis and in the end it wasn't even the cancer that did him in.

My friend's father was diagnosed with bladder cancer a few years back that had spread around a bit. Again, his doctor gave him a projected date of 6-12 months of survival and began treatment. My friend's family stuck by him and helped snap him into a more hopeful outlook. He took a turn for the worse but then went into full remission. The treatment was slow to work, but in the end successful. He's now been cancer-free for over a year and a half.

Now of course I'm just generalizing by using cancer as an example, you may have something different but my point is while things may seem bleak now, anything can happen.

Keep the faith man, there are very few things that are definite in life. I can't say I know how you feel but if you do decide to come back here you got another support system waiting for you. I hope you can find yourself able to reconsider giving up music, as that bit of positive energy might be able to be your crutch as this is going on. Good luck and don't be a stranger, we'll be thinking about you.

Cowboy musician and one-time world champion rodeo bareback bronc rider Chris Ledoux finally left the world with a disease-bronc he couldn't make to the buzzer.

But he kept riding the bronc - in metaphor - as long as he could. Garth Brooks wrote "Good ride, Cowboy" as a tribute to Chris who kept spurring life as long as he could.

Just having the guitar can be an impetus to keep your eyes on the horizon and keep riding like you'll never fall off. It ain't easy, to be sure.

Dylan Thomas wasn't a cowboy <grin> but perhaps had a line that suits:

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,

And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Do not go gentle into that good night.

At my age an end is half expected at any point in time, and one knows it may have come far earlier; but when the curtain falls... one hopes there will be a curtain call.

Courage, our friend. And know many are for you, calling such powers that be.

m

Sorry to hear that and my thoughts and prayers are with you. Like others have said never give up and it's amazing what the human body can survive. It's never easy but being stubborn and refusing to give up can get you pretty far, they scheduled my 52nd surgery this week after a serious accident 20+ years ago broke me up so bad is took over 1200 stitches, 14 screws and five steel rods to put me somewhat back together. Sometimes I think music, guitars, and my wife are all that got me through a couple years that were right out of a horror movie.

I don't know what your battle is but choose what's important to you I firmly believe injury and bad health can take everything but your attitude away from you, but your attitude and how you deal with the bad stuff is something only you can decide.

Good luck.

Pick up that Martin and play something every day. Even if it's just a few strums. If what is ailing you prevents you from physically fingering the damn thing then get a slide and make some noise. I own a few Martins and with diabetic neuropty it made it hard to do some of the things I used to play. I kept at it and I am almost back to where I was fighting through the pain in my hands.

I am in no way comparing myself with your dilema but like John Lee Hooker said. "Blues is a Healer, It will heal you, It will heal me"

I am not a religious guy but still I pray for you.

Hey forum and fellow friends.

I've been really depressed lately after been diagnosed with a deadly disease.

I'm too upset to finish this....

This is my final post. I'll miss it.

Sincerely Jake.

Well, since you won't be posting anymore, enjoy what's left for you whatever you do Jake.........[thumbup] ........

Very sorry to hear about the problem.

Milo's stirring poetry quotation brought this to mind. The last two lines from Tennyson's 'Ulysses';

"Made Weak by Time and Fate, But Strong in Will

To Try, To Seek, To Find, and Not To Yield."

Chin Up. Pick up the Martin and give it the biggest workout you can.

Best wishes for the future.

P.

Jake,

I haven't posted in weeks but I wanted to put forth my best, hopeful wishes to you and of course your family.

Easy to say, but don't throw in the towel yet. Anything can and sometimes does happen.

I'm hoping that the initial diagnosis that sent you into a tailspin will somehow come into perspective and you will find the will to fight back.

Thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Dave

My wife has cancer and she has lived far beyond the prognosis-so have the spouses and kids etc. of the people in my caregivers support group. They all have accounts like that. I think doctors feel obligated to tell you the 'standard' prognosis but at the same time they don't know, and can't know, what each person will do. But health care in our country, as far as the actual care application, is great and I wish you good luck.

I feel for ya man! I been to so many Doctors about this weird allergy I got but none of them can figure it out. I hate drug's as they most always make me feel worse then when I was sick. Theres lots of stories here of people who have beat the disease and I hope the best for you and yours

Raymond

Archived