Gibson Brands Forums

Chris Spedding - 'hurt' album

johnborrows

Hi folks

I'm from Blanes (near of Barcelona, Spain) and this is my first post (except introduction one)

i would like to know something about new Gibson models ....i'm searching a similar early Chris Speeding sound..guitar sound as 'mtorbiking', 'pogo dancing' or 'wild in the streets'......I always been a 'Gretsch guy' and i don't know too much about thouse guitars...i wanna know if they are cool, pickups...i'd like flying v's, firebirds and some sg's with p90's but i need some wise advices [thumbup]

thanx a lot and please let me know

Hi j-b welcome to the forums [thumbup]

Chris Spedding gets some great tones and plays cool rock'n roll [biggrin]

Looking on U Tube shows a variety of guitars used...a custom V, Les Pauls etc

The sound can be quite 'thick' with hi gain at times as well as clean with delay

Gretsch's are great for rockabilly, r & r etc and can sound quite dense with H/B's...bright with Dynasonics

P90's have many aficionados hereon...great for punchy, rhythmic stuff including all a/n

The Firebird looks the business...reverse and non-reverse...mini H/B or P90 loaded...

Enjoy the chase !!

V

:-({|=

Hi j-b welcome to the forums [thumbup]

Chris Spedding gets some great tones and plays cool rock'n roll [biggrin]

Looking on U Tube shows a variety of guitars used...a custom V, Les Pauls etc

The sound can be quite 'thick' with hi gain at times as well as clean with delay

Gretsch's are great for rockabilly, r & r etc and can sound quite dense with H/B's...bright with Dynasonics

P90's have many aficionados hereon...great for punchy, rhythmic stuff including all a/n

The Firebird looks the business...reverse and non-reverse...mini H/B or P90 loaded...

Enjoy the chase !!

V

:-({|=

Thanx for the reply!!...i have a six Gretsch and i was searching a sound like that (p90 or gibson humbuckers??), not a Gretsch sound that i always had.....finally, since i started the post till today i've purchased a Flying V '68 reissue that still didn't arrive...i know is a powerful guitar with powerful humbuckers but provably i'll place a Bigsby and think will get a similar sound...Spedding sound think is a bit Keith Richards sound with a bit more saturation...thanx again!

Archived