Gibson Brands Forums

Schecter Hellraiser C-1

Andrew Riggs

So this post might seem like a joke but I am very serious. I play in my church band on wednesdays. I want a neck that I can play on really smooth and that is flat. Would a schecter hellraiser be a good choice. From what i've seen the necks are amazing! I would keep the guitar on clean for the most part. Some songs I put a metal pedal on for a solo or chorus but would the Schecter Hellraiser C-1 be good for what I am wanting it for. I can get a used one for $400

So this post might seem like a joke but I am very serious. I play in my church band on wednesdays. I want a neck that I can play on really smooth and that is flat. Would a schecter hellraiser be a good choice. From what i've seen the necks are amazing! I would keep the guitar on clean for the most part. Some songs I put a metal pedal on for a solo or chorus but would the Schecter Hellraiser C-1 be good for what I am wanting it for. I can get a used one for $400

...better make sure the leadership will allow such a devilish ax darken their doors....[flapper]

Pickups: EMG Active 81tw/89R

How clean can you get with active pickups like these? Someone that has experience with them will need to answer. My limited experience says no. It'll be thin, tinny and kind of Kurt Cobain cleanish. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Ive taken several Schecters in in both trade and I have even bought a few the finish and the low price point always seems to make me want to have one but Ive never been impressed enough to keep one for more than a month or two. Whenever I get one i play it a few times usually sits in the case for a month or so than I sell it. I just don't seem to be able to bond with one at all which isn't that unusual the same things happens with Ibanez. Guess I'm just not a fan of pointy guitars.

Buying something called a hellraiser to play in church???? Not for me there would be way to many Our Fathers and Hail Mary's required after the priest saw that :unsure:

Archived