Gibson Brands Forums

Absolutely no Gibson related content...

JamGuy

Is the audio from the amp to the camera mic?

Also, I saw the word Jam and thought I was about to see THE Jam, lolo

Relaxing stuff...why am I picturing whales?

Yeah, it's just a point and shoot Nikon camera that has little built in mics, nothing fancy. Sorry, it's hot here and my brain has turned to mush today, but what is "THE" jam... if there's such a thing, I feel like I need to see it too!

The Jam is one of Rocks greatest punk bands ever! Though to listen to them you'd never call them punk.

http://youtu.be/hf4EFDGP4yg

Cool, thanks for the link... I like 'em. I'm not sure why there was such a Jam vs, The Clash argument going on... some similarities, yes... but both cool in their own right. I'm going to poke around and see what else I can find of theirs... thanks for turning me on to them.

Now about those whales...

Another jam video... For those of you sick of seeing my videos pop up here and there, good news, I start student teaching in a few weeks and then all this YouTubing and guitar forum fun is going to come to an abrupt end! Until then... enjoy (or ignore) [biggrin]

Great track, but as the resident Strat hater I have to question your choice of ax ;)

The Jam is one of Rocks greatest punk bands ever! Though to listen to them you'd never call them punk.

http://youtu.be/hf4EFDGP4yg

Saw them live back in ..81 I think it was ( In Toronto) , any ways...they were loud , awesome and full of energy..what a great show. I still have the original ticket stub somewhere in a photo album I shall have to go find it to confirm the date..hehe

Cool, thanks for the link... I like 'em. I'm not sure why there was such a Jam vs, The Clash argument going on... some similarities, yes... but both cool in their own right. I'm going to poke around and see what else I can find of theirs... thanks for turning me on to them.

Now about those whales...

I totally meant that in a good way! Whales make cool sounds. Maybe it was the pedal you're using...

I totally meant that in a good way! Whales make cool sounds. Maybe it was the pedal you're using...

I didn't take any offense to it, I was just having a laugh. Yeah, it's got this strange harmonic dissonance at times (not that that really makes sense)... I think it's the reverse delay blending with the warble of the Uni-Vibe setting... who knows. Chances are I wouldn't be able to recreate it if I wanted to so I'm glad I captured that one on video.

I've posted another video... this one an actual song of mine, not just a jam. My old roomie wanted me to record it for her so figured I'd share it here too, as it has absolutely nothing Gibson related going for it either. It's not perfect by a long shot but it's as good as I can muster today... the ol' pipes are pretty rusty from not having sang for a while. Thanks for humoring me folks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7hXa5jLJt8

Sorry for the hijack; The Jam were ace! Nothing punk about them. They were Mods all the way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG0L86DRuC8

Damn, those Rickys are cool. I don't know if they would suit me well (I think I'll stick with my LPs and SGs...), but I bet they would sound cool for the Rush/Police-type big chord stuff I love so much. Add some compression, chorus/flanger, and delay, and I'd be on my way!

Nice song. I likes. [thumbup] Dude, do you even own a Gibson? I'm just asking....

[tongue]

Yeah, I have a couple of Gibson electrics, an old L6-S and a Les Paul Special, J-60 Trad. acoustic. I really lean towards my Fenders but I dig my Gibsons and Epis too... heck, I like just about any guitar!

Archived