Gibson Brands Forums

Came across this video today...dont laugh,worth watching..

merseybeat1963

Correct. When you hear almost any hit recording that came out of LA in the late 50' through mid 70's, most often than not, it was the "Wrecking Crew" on the recording. The bands (Beach Boys, Byrds, Simon & Garfunkle, Carpenters, Mama's and Papas, The Monkees, 5th Dimension etc.) may have written the songs and done the vocals (or just the vocals in the case of the 5th D and the Prefab Four), but these studio musicians played the instruments in the studio for the recordings mostly when the bands were out performing live.

The Wrecking Crew

Further to ksdaddy's comment about bass on "Let The Sunshine In", I'm pretty sure it was John Osborn.

Judging from that list, what a backing band..they seemed to have really put blood into those peoples recordings.

I didn't know that Nyro passed away in 1997 at the age of 49 from ovarian cancer. [sad] Such a lot of great songs from a real talent.

"And When I Die"

"Eli's Comin'"

"Up On The Roof" etc.

Actually, 'Up On The Roof' was written by Carole King, but yes, Laura left us much too soon.

Yes, I remember it well. A thought to ponder: where have all the love songs gone?

All the love songs went the way of marriage in general...with the divorce rate at 50% or more, no one is singing about love, love, love these days.

That is too bad : (

Too much pressure on a couple..

Thanks to my father & mother who gave a little lift to assist ..our marriage was under serious financial stress in the first year or two.

Maybe its due to the implementation of the New World Order.

If not for that help we would not have been happily fused together for 30+ years & I surely would not have lived till now.

Archived