Gibson Brands Forums

Don't drive over my new Wah Wah

CoreyT

I had looked at theirs before buying my Dunlop Classic a week back.

EHX just put up a new video on their Wah Wah.

One thing I did not like about theirs was no way to mount it to a pedal board.

But I guess if you play outside and someone may drive over it, then it good :D

I had looked at theirs before buying my Dunlop Classic a week back.

EHX just put up a new video on their Wah Wah.

One thing I did not like about theirs was no way to mount it to a pedal board.

But I guess if you play outside and someone may drive over it, then it good :D

HAHA now that would be a good stage trick.. play a solo with a car :)

Electro Harmonix gear has always been incredibly reliable but these pedals are as tough as old Sherman tanks.When I heard that they were coming out with a Crying Tone pedal I got my hopes way up,I thought that they'd be releasing a perfectly accurate reissue of the original Crying Tone pedals from the early-mid 70s.These pedals were simply incredible in that they had 4 different wah functions with one being much like the Vox Clyde McCoy,one like the Jen Cry Baby,one that was an amalgam of both and the other was a very bassy one that would have been great with a Vox Astro IV Model 273 violin bass with built in fuzz.Along with all these functions the pedal sweep could be reversed to give more of an OW sound and also could be used as a volume pedal.There was also a Crying Tone with a Big Muff Pi built in but that came out after I had bought mine and I ended up trading that for a Vox Phantom XII-not a bad trade but I'd still love to have one of these pedals as they are right up there with the desireable,classic Clyde McCoy which is now selling for $1000+ on E-Bay.Luckily I was smart enough to never have sold my old Clyde McCoy which I bought used in 1969 for $40.

Archived