Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Traditional PRO

sledge57

Glad you asked.I got my Trad Pro Christmas before last and the second I tried it out in the music store by plugging it into a Fender Blues Jr. I was just astounded by how much the guitar sounded like the PAF Les Paul that Robert Fripp used on "Epitaph" and "I Talk To The Wind" on King Crimson's first album.The Trad Pro was a dead ringer for the exact tone.When I play it through my JCM 800, 2204 stack she can blast the raunchiest of the raunch from ZZ Top to Led Zepplin yet through my Blues Jr. it produces the warmest,mellow jazz tones and classic rock tones.The coil tap gives you a single coil tone that's not Strat or Tele like but more like a cross between a Fender Jaguar and Mustang,which isn't a bad thing at all.All in all the Trad Pro is one of the most versatile guitars on the market and it's also very comfortable to play although the neck is a bit wide,it isn't like a baseball bat like some of them are.

I agree with everything Bonzo said ... just a tremendous guitar and an exceptional value! I particularly like the smooth, open grain on the back, sides and especially the neck of these models. It is just one solid chunk of a guitar with tone and sustain for days.

What finish is your brother getting? Right now there are four available: ebony, wine red, goldtop and Korina (the one I got). I'm sure he'll be very happy with it!

Jim

EpiphoneTraditionalProKorina06.jpg

I agree with everything Bozo said ... just a tremendous guitar and an exceptional value! I particularly like the smooth, open grain on the back, sides and especially the neck of these models. It is just one solid chunk of a guitar with tone and sustain for days.

What finish is your brother getting? Right now there are four available: ebony, wine red, goldtop and Korina (the one I got). I'm sure he'll be very happy with it!

Jim

EpiphoneTraditionalProKorina06.jpg

That Korina finish looks great!

I have a Traditional Pro Korina, and it has quickly become my main guitar. I might add that I bought the Korina after seeing it here on this forum and reading Jim's review. Just a all around great guitar!

Wow! That's very cool of you to say, Fire! I'm glad that you are so happy with your guitar ... and flattered that I was influential in your decision to get one!

See that, Big Jim? I'm selling Epi's even when I'm off the clock! How about tossing me a T-Shirt ... or a hat ... or a Swingster Royale??? [flapper]

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

I just picked up a Goldtop last weekend. I wasn't even shopping. Took that oldest boy to buy a Dot at the GC and he ended up with an Ebony Sheraton II and I ended up with a Trad Pro Goldtop! I love it so far. I get to return my loaner Gibson LP Studio now and I don't think I'll miss it. One question though...don't they come with straplocks? The store manager told me they didn't.

Hey Grandpa,mine came with an Epi Strap-Lok system and I was led to believe that they all did,at least for that year-2010.

I think mine was supposed to have them too. I don't want to get this guy in trouble but I'm going to have to figure out a way to get him to cough them up. Basically he just handed us a guitar with no paperwork or accessories. But I'm still loving the guitar!!! It sounds awesome through my Marshall.

I just picked up a Goldtop last weekend. I wasn't even shopping. Took that oldest boy to buy a Dot at the GC and he ended up with an Ebony Sheraton II and I ended up with a Trad Pro Goldtop! I love it so far. I get to return my loaner Gibson LP Studio now and I don't think I'll miss it. One question though...don't they come with straplocks? The store manager told me they didn't.

Hi Grandpa, all of the sites say they come with them, but the pictures show only the Gold top without them. I would send a message to Gibson/Epiphone and ask them. Al

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the happy ending...I called Gibson customer service and got right through to a human being immediately. I asked about the strap locks and, rather than making me go through the store to try to get the ones that came with the guitar, he just asked me for my information and sent me some. They arrived in the mail today. Way to go Gibson!!!

Archived