Gibson Brands Forums

Any Masterbilt Parts Online Retailers?

bluezguy

Howdy .... After 3 years, I've finally worn my bridge saddle down to where replacement is necessary. I don't want an aftermarket one. Needed is the real deal from Epiphone. My model is now obsolete :unsure: ... a DR-500RNS.

When 'googlin'' around I can't seem to find the OE replacement. Me thinks the bridge saddle is bone

Can anyone advise please?

I have two masterbilts. Both of them have bleached bone nut and saddle as I believe all masterbilts come standard with. I would say that any quality luthier could replace it with another bone saddle and it should be fine, or even better than the one it came with. A GuitarCenter may even be able to replace your bone saddle to perfection. Good luck....Bone is bone...as long as its quality bone, and quality cut...it should work perfect for your MB.

Gibson Customer Service.

No such luck. I've been using them for years on my electric issues ... they've been great (for the most part) however, when called this morning the flat out answer was "AllParts" or "StewMac". This was disappointing as I am a stickler for original equipment parts but this is the way it is for our Masterbilts [sneaky] .

I have two masterbilts. Both of them have bleached bone nut and saddle as I believe all masterbilts come standard with. I would say that any quality luthier could replace it with another bone saddle and it should be fine, or even better than the one it came with. A GuitarCenter may even be able to replace your bone saddle to perfection. Good luck....Bone is bone...as long as its quality bone, and quality cut...it should work perfect for your MB.

My bridge saddle is the "B" compensated one. I found the bone replacement at Stewman for about $6 bucks. Don't wanna pay a luthier so a bit of beer and sand paper'll do it [thumbup] .

Thanks!

Bob Colosi- can make you anything you want.

http://www.guitarsad...om/products.asp

Thanks for refreshing my brain's recall center. Bob had made me a couple real nice bone saddles for a martin D28 a number of years ago ... I'd forgotten all about him.

His finished product and pricing is worth a call back! msp_thumbup.gif

Archived