Gibson Brands Forums

GOR tuners non responsive

black cat tone

My GOR started acting up about 9 months ago or so. I am the original owner. The MCK lights would not go out even when knob was pressed down. The guitars robot system would not work at all. WIth the lights not turning off the battery would drain. I purchased a new MCK and switch and replaced the non working units. Now the switch lights work properly, I was able to charge the battery fully however, the unit will not communicate with the tuners. Or the tuners are not working. If I pull the MCK knob out set it for standard tuning and strum, the green light on the headstock flashes but the tuners do not respond. Any ideas? The new switch came with a 14 inch flat cable which was not in my original Robot. Looks as if it would fit the MCK switch in a large unused socket and then the Tuner logic sections socket. However it does not reach. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have a second NEW MCK switch in house just not sure if I need it or something else. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

My GOR started acting up about 9 months ago or so. I am the original owner. The MCK lights would not go out even when knob was pressed down. The guitars robot system would not work at all. WIth the lights not turning off the battery would drain. I purchased a new MCK and switch and replaced the non working units. Now the switch lights work properly, I was able to charge the battery fully however, the unit will not communicate with the tuners. Or the tuners are not working. If I pull the MCK knob out set it for standard tuning and strum, the green light on the headstock flashes but the tuners do not respond. Any ideas? The new switch came with a 14 inch flat cable which was not in my original Robot. Looks as if it would fit the MCK switch in a large unused socket and then the Tuner logic sections socket. However it does not reach. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have a second NEW MCK switch in house just not sure if I need it or something else. Thank you.

Well I ordered ANOTHER MCK switch from Gibson and it has come in with different wiring coming off the switch. My old (used to work) one had a brown and green wire unused. THis one has a blue and brown wire unused with a long green wire with a 223 capacitor on it. It should be the Blue wire with the cap on it. SO I am just more confused at this point. Still have heard NOTHING form Gibson or Tronical. Gibson did give me a phone number to call for an RMA. But, I have heard horror stories about sending your gear back to Gibson. Somebody out there must know about this stuff.

Well I ordered ANOTHER MCK switch from Gibson and it has come in with different wiring coming off the switch. My old (used to work) one had a brown and green wire unused. THis one has a blue and brown wire unused with a long green wire with a 223 capacitor on it. It should be the Blue wire with the cap on it. SO I am just more confused at this point. Still have heard NOTHING form Gibson or Tronical. Gibson did give me a phone number to call for an RMA. But, I have heard horror stories about sending your gear back to Gibson. Somebody out there must know about this stuff.

Heard from Tronical today that the new wiring on the MCK logic switch was correct. They had made some internal changes on the unit requiring the wiring rework. Got it installed today and still no tuner action. Everything blinks and flashes like it is doing the job but the tuners do not turn. I have mentioned this to Tronical and am waiting to see if they reply with any course of action. I really do not want to send the unit in. And I do not mind doing the work if I had some direction.

Archived