Gibson Brands Forums

The most bizarre night...

ParlourMan

Probably just done our most successful gig, highlights included about 8 women doing a can-can in the pub, a crowd way above expectations and about a 40-50% dancing reatio, outstanding, what a night... Pub owner told us they'd taken more tonight than in ages. Massive and epic win for us. Now on to the downside, went down to the night-bus stand and ended up with a bunch of young fighting lads, 6 against 2 (me & my drummer/bassist), police past us as it was going down, just drove on... unbelievable. I'll save you any bravado stories (I grew up in a complete dump) and say neither of us are injured. 6 against 2.... the coppers drove on... no wonder people hate them!

Anyway upshot is, it was my bassist/drummer fella's first ever fight, he lost his aggro virginity to me.... highlight of my night.

Good you weren't hurt. Even a busted knuckle on your fretting hand would have been horrible. I guess late nights everywhere can be dangerous.

So, what were the six toughs.... 8 year olds?..

18-22 bracket, one of them ripped his top off like Rambo (no kidding) a few fists later he took a full forcer boot in the the throat (epic win) ...I feel about 21 again.

Like that song, 'I can't fight as well as I once did, but I can fight once as well as I ever did."

Good you and your band mate triumphed. Did you have your instruments with you?

That would have been enough to get my adrenalin flowing!

Guitars were all safely tucked away....... I'm 39 mate, I'm way to old for that kind of malarky, however, I'm not too old to defend myself. I've done full-contact korean and israeli fight sports for about 15 years.

nice to see the good guys win...hope you gave 'em a couple of verses of 7 nation army as well!..I've traveled a fair bit in slightly dodgy third world places and generally felt safer there than in many parts of Sydney at night...i imagine the UK is similar

I'm in mainland Europe for now, just wee silly fella's too full of moon juice, a small in the road display with one lad, but the other two were a quick one-two. My drummer looks like a crazy metaller / biker-sawn-off-shotgun type fella, it was a shoddy choice.

18-22 bracket, one of them ripped his top off like Rambo (no kidding) a few fists later he took a full forcer boot in the the throat (epic win) ...I feel about 21 again.

Sounds like a complete nitemare and I'm not sure I see the film clearly. How did it start ?

I went out for a long walk yesterday with the friend I usually play guitar with – the Santa Cruz, J-45 guy. We needed to move our legs and decided to take the train to the wealthiest part of town and then walk back towards center through all the social layers. A 3 or 4 hour tour if you take the side-roads, go a bit wild, get half lost and all in all want a little Taoist-adventure.

At some point in a zone with blocks from the 30's (not a ghetto as I saw it), he suggested goin' over an unlighted grassy/bushy area to reach the railway and cross that unnoticed for a smart step ahead (a little bold-minded time-machinery there - we are both serious calender adults, but okay). Well I've just saw 5 young lads coming from that same direction, and an old suburban boy myself, I told my mate to sit down and think twice. This was after dark and I simply didn't want them to see us cut through a bleak terrain where there could keep their, , , ,whatever. Instead we found a fence and I lit a smoke. After 5 minutes the lads returned, this time with a football between them. I asked about the best route to cross the rails and they answered quite politely. Showed us in a different direction and off we went. No big fuss, but definitely not our home field for a cruise.

Still nothing compared to your drama, I know. Sometimes think about being an educated fighter and getting in a situation where it's necessary to use it.

G damn it, it wouldn't be my glass of gin. Happened to you yesterday – glad you made it safe for another round of blues-rock PM.

they already did dan ! years ago

get practicing PM !!!

haha...that was funny...and that little bugger is something else......

reminds my of the poor guy that was hit by a chamber pot thrown out of the first floor window of the martial arts school in Kowloon...he turned around and yelled indignantly.."What kung fu dat!!"

Hahaha, morning boys, 4 hours kip later I'm back up... we were at the bus stop as all the gear was already home and we stayed back to have some drinks afterwards, drivers had all taken cars out of the equation ;-) there's a night-bus service passes my place, so we decided to use that. In all reality it was just a bunch of wee guys full of moonjiuce trying to prove they are men. The highlight has to be Johnny Rambo (as I've nicknamed him) ripping his top off, absolutely hilarious... anyway, the Mrs is not amused, but is accepting the recount as the fella I was with is the biggest pacifist on the go. Wrong place, wrong time, nothing more to the story really.... Still, a wee bit of 4am exercise, making me act all young again :D

You disgust me. Gloating over your big 'win'. Lots of martial arts studies, and yet you come across some drunk kids at a bus stop and the best you can do to manage the situation is all out fighting where you kick someone full force in the throat? And then you come here to brag about it. Ugh!

You disgust me. Gloating over your big 'win'. Lots of martial arts studies, and yet you come across some drunk kids at a bus stop and the best you can do to manage the situation is all out fighting where you kick someone full force in the throat? And then you come here to brag about it. Ugh!

lol

Jerry, you're a gluebag mate! were you there? nope.... and that's the sound of a dismissive hand waving at you, contact sports are not 6 against 2 street fighting mate. it's 1 on 1 with rules, huge difference.

But I was sure that Luxemburg was full of only little goblins and grommets .. ?

Jerry, nice try, interesting angle, massively unconvincing.

It normally is, they've built a massive new complex here with about 15 new bars, resto's offices, all very trendy and spendy, so it's attracted a whole new type of people to the area, as simple as girls like trendy bars, boys follow girls.... but, an awful lot of new 18-25 crowd and chucking out time is all at the same time, so it can get heated now & then. As to how it started, literally no idea, I never even started drinking till way after midnight so I was still sober, but no idea how it started... if we'd been further up from the bus stand it would likely have been some other poor lads they tried it with. Disgusted (cheers Jerry) with the police though, 2 seconds of their time would have seen one of two of them lifted and not a blow being struck.

Anyway, back to the gig, the std J-45 (woody replacement) is coming into its own now, sounded wicked last night, new PA, the works... very chuffed with how it all went and great to hear both the J45 and the J50 through a half decent system.

I grew up in a complete dump

This being so, remind me never to heckle Paolo Nutini.

Do you do long-distance requests? Could we get a video of you starting your next gig with Street-Fighting Man? You'll have to change the lyrics though:

What can a poor boy do

'Cept play in a rock 'n' roll band

Well here in sleepy Luxemburg it's just the place for a street-fighting man

Glad you're here to tell the tale. Glad the J45 is here to tell it too, though for the new opener, you'll surely need your J200 or finally have to buy that Hummingbird.

Probably just done our most successful gig, highlights included about 8 women doing a can-can in the pub, a crowd way above expectations and about a 40-50% dancing reatio, outstanding, what a night... Pub owner told us they'd taken more tonight than in ages. Massive and epic win for us. Now on to the downside, went down to the night-bus stand and ended up with a bunch of young fighting lads, 6 against 2 (me & my drummer/bassist), police past us as it was going down, just drove on... unbelievable. I'll save you any bravado stories (I grew up in a complete dump) and say neither of us are injured. 6 against 2.... the coppers drove on... no wonder people hate them!

Anyway upshot is, it was my bassist/drummer fella's first ever fight, he lost his aggro virginity to me.... highlight of my night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPWHfrU3PSQ

Lol...and you wonder how something like this can happen?

This is one of the most ironic things I have read.

I don't feel as though he is bragging OR threatening anyone. What I glean from this is that for certain circumstances that AREN'T on the internet in which it matters what to say or how to act, that number is needed to back it up is more then 6.

Archived