Gibson Brands Forums

Serial number 2009 ES335...8 or 9 digitsgo

sixty2strat

AFAIK - Gibson USA (Nashville guitars) went to 9 digit serials in July 2005. BTW, on an 8 digit number it's YdddYrrr, and on a 9 digit it's YdddYbrrr where b is the batch number - Gibson USA is sometimes running out of production ranking numbers in a day so they added a batch number.

Memphis and Bozeman - still using 8 digits.

If you believe it's fake, post some pics and the members here can tell you if it's legit. Make the pics - good size - good focus - no angles - well lit - no cut off parts. One straight overhead shot of the whole guitar, a shot of the whole front of the headstock, and a shot of the whole back of the headstock that includes the top end of the neck area behind the nut. An additional shot of the back of the body is sometimes helpful.

Here's pic posting help - http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/11005-sticky-how-to-post-photos/

That you so much. This is what the problem was, the guitar was right had no issues that would cause doubt,had the guitar for 8 months and never thought it to be anything but the only 335 i ever bonded with.Thursday after buying a 93 es175 i was reading the Gibson website.I read they went to 9 in 2006, yet I have 8 say what.I know guitars build said REAL DEAL, the number did not have 9 digits. Nowhere was I able to find the bit that said Gibson USA in Nashville have 9 like my V, but memphis has 8.Again That you,

Archived