Gibson Brands Forums

Problems With My Les Paul Traditional 2011

constant31

My les Paul Traditional came with a small problem and I don't know how to fix it.

The strap button fell, and the screw doesn't fit anymore inside, it just keeps spinning without tightening. It was okay until today, that it fell completely. Luckily, I was holding the guitar, so it didn't fell to the floor. I wanted to know if anyone has had this particular problem, and if anyone can give me an advice on how to fix it. I was thinking of buying a thicker or bigger screw and just putting it in there. Maybe it will solve the problem, but I really don't want to take any chances on damaging the guitar. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much,

Constantino B.

P.S. I will try to post pictures of the guitar in a later post.

Your options...

- A bigger screw (be mindful of the size of the screw head also as it has to fit inside the button)

- Put wood glue in the hole then reinsert screw and tighten (if hole is not too enlarged this will hold once it is set)

- Insert a piece of toothpick, reinsert screw and tighten

- Same as above but with wood glue and toothpick

Your options...

- A bigger screw (be mindful of the size of the screw head also as it has to fit inside the button)

- Put wood glue in the hole then reinsert screw and tighten (if hole is not too enlarged this will hold once it is set)

- Insert a piece of toothpick, reinsert screw and tighten

- Same as above but with wood glue and toothpick

I'll try it soon and I'll post the results and maybe a picture. Thank you for the advice.

Funny - I went to install Dunlop straplocks on my brand new tele and when I drilled out the hole at the bottom of the body a little dowel-like insert popped out of there. It was like 1/8" diameter - slightly larger than the diameter of the drill bit. They must have messed up and then glued a little plug in there. I put a couple of toothpicks in there with some wood glue and it worked fine.

Archived