Gibson Brands Forums

Pick Up Connectors

Canadian_Charlie

I'm going to be swapping out the pick ups on my studio for DiMarzio Super Distortion ones and noticed my stock pups have plastic connectors. I don't realy want to cut and solder wires but buy some new connectors so I can just plug my new pups in quick. Where on line can I buy a set of them?

Thanks

I'm going to be swapping out the pick ups on my studio for DiMarzio Super Distortion ones and noticed my stock pups have plastic connectors. I don't realy want to cut and solder wires but buy some new connectors so I can just plug my new pups in quick. Where on line can I buy a set of them?

Thanks

If you look carefully on the side of the connector it should have Molex printed on one side and 43645 on the other. Both the 2 pin pickup and the 5 pin toggle switch connector are 43645 series Molex parts. Mouser.com sells worldwide and has these in stock. The parts numbers are 538-43645-0200 for the 2 pin pickup connector and 538-43645-0500 for the 5 pin toggle switch connector.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 2012 STD Les Paul, however the connectors described above do NOT match the connectors I have in my guitar. My LP was manufactered in Aug 2012. I think I can make out "MXJ" on one of the connectors but they are not the "latch" type connector that locks into place like the Molex connectors above. Anyone have any ideas about what pickup connectors I have?

Archived