Gibson Brands Forums

Can someone make up quotes about me?

FenderGuy1

The good thing about mediocraty is that you`re always at the best that you can be.

Some people are ok with being who they are. Some don't feel like overcompensating, or using smoke and mirrors to better themselves. If he's below your standards and perfectly happy, let him be.

Three weeks ago when I heard my cousin's 11 year old grandson astound a roomful of seasoned musicians,the first person I thought of amazingly enough was Fender Guy.If he had heard what this little guy could do with a beat-up,cheap old POS he'd probably burn his.This kid is phenominal yet he has the quiet humility of a Buddhist Monk.He shows a dedication and love for the guitar that is rarely seen in one so young so I'm sure he's destined for a lucrative future playing,as a fire like this is rarely quenchable.With his God-given talent,his African roots and the fact that he's a Southpaw was hard to miss and comparisons to another musician who had these traits were made by more than a few people.I have mentored several gifted guitarists who have gone on to professional careers,some even made quite successful recordings yet I have never seen someone so young with this degree of skill and intensity-that's why I'm giving him a Strat and an amp because virtuosity like this has to be recognized and nurtured as much and as often and as early as possible.

BTW Buxom,I would be as happy as a pig in poo-poo if he simply loved playing but when he goes spouting off about being Hendrix incarnate,I believe that he's getting way too big for his britches and needs to be reminded so before his head explodes.

BTW Buxom,I would be as happy as a pig in poo-poo if he simply loved playing but when he goes spouting off about being Hendrix incarnate,I believe that he's getting way too big for his britches and needs to be reminded so before his head explodes.

If you let him continue to pour, he'll run out of liquid eventually.

"He plays a Strat, but I don't hold it against him"- Joe Bonamassa

"I couldn't take this little bugger seriously if my life depended on it"- Gary Moore

"FenderGuy1? AWK!!"- Ace Frehley

"I crush him with my rising force!"- Yngwie Malmsteen

"No fan, no JEM, no jamming!"- Steve Vai

"I hope his head doesn't get TOO big..."- Alex Lifeson

"His expectations are UNREASONABLY high..."- Paul Gilbert

I could go on for days, but I won't.

"He plays a Strat, but I don't hold it against him"- Joe Bonamassa

"I couldn't take this little bugger seriously if my life depended on it"- Gary Moore

"FenderGuy1? AWK!!"- Ace Frehley

"I crush him with my rising force!"- Yngwie Malmsteen

"No fan, no JEM, no jamming!"- Steve Vai

"I hope his head doesn't get TOO big..."- Alex Lifeson

"His expectations are UNREASONABLY high..."- Paul Gilbert

I could go on for days, but I won't.

love the ace frehley one but I have a soft spot for Gibsons

And come on kaleb please go on about those quotes, at least use Ace twice

"He's one helluva trout player! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"- Ace Frehley

As far as my Ace "quotes" go, anyone who's seen KISS Meets The Phantom Of The Park (It's corny and mediocre yet hilarious at the same time!) (AWK!), and the infamous interview on the Tomorrow Show w. Tom Snyder on Halloween, 1979 (The Trout Player!) will know what I'm talkin' bout'!

I got one more! "He's a 2,000 Man!"

• 2 weeks later...

Archived