Gibson Brands Forums

Bob Marley Les Paul

bucky katt

I just lucked into a Bob Marley Les Paul, brand new condition. it looks like it was purchased, then slid under the bed in it's gig bag. still has the plastic on the pickups and truss rod cover! this is the set neck model, not one of the cheaper bolt on neck versions that i've seen around and i understand that a very limited number of them were built. can anyone tell me just how many? this is pure curiousity as this guitar will not ever leave my collection under any circumstances. i probably have less into it than any of the other 15 guitars in my collection but it isnt a money thing, I'm just a huge bob marley fan, i always have been ver since first hearing his music back in 76 or 77 when one of my older brothers was a fan. i was cruising through my local craigslist a few days ago when i saw it for sale and i said "this thing must be totally ragged out and beat to crap or it's the bolt on neck. what i found was a really dusty original hemp gig bag and a guitar inside that really didnt look as if it had ever been played. the kid selling it told me he got it new intended to learn to play but "it was too hard, i didnt want to waste my time learning to play guitar" when he said that i didnt feel bad for paying 200 dollars for this brand new condition guitar, this kid was just a total "instant gratification" punk. anyways, i got it home, did a set up and put some new Slinkies on it and played and what an amazing sounding guitar. this is going to be a keeper, likely the guitar that will be buried with me in a few years. but if anyone could tell me just how rare these are i'd surely appreciate it. pictures to follow as soon as i pick up my new camera tomorrow.

I have no idea on numbers, but HNGD!

One of those popped up used around here and I very nearly got it for $180, until the seller realised what they had and raised the price to $400. I'm no Marley fan, but they look to be great guitars. [thumbup]

Archived