Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone else think these Fenders sound like a P.O.S ???

JuanCarlosVejar

Its evident that the greatest players in the world use BOTH Fender+Gibson,,why? Probably because each model+ make have distinct features in and of themselves. I use/own both,but My 79'Anniversary Strat,I had to modify it for my taste,,{ IE: Floyd Rose Trem,,Brass Nut,and my biggest pet peeve about the strat design:} WHY IS THE VOLUME KNOB PLACED RIGHT WHERE YOUR PINKIE FINGER RESTS WHEN PLAYING!!!! I hate that,,and that was one of the first things I removed,now 2 knobs,and I also put a Gibson "Paf" in the bridge//seymour duncans in center/neck positions. With that being said,,my new SG,,I dont have to do a thing to it,no mods ect. But I think most players enjoy both brands,,because they both have desirable features. BTW,,when I stated "the greatest players in the world,,ect. and then I said "Iuse/own both" I was in no way inferring that I was one of the greatest players when I said that,,just to clarify.

Most likely to make it easy for the player to adjust the volume while playing. Yea I can see that,,but I rest my palm right on top of the bridge,,and wouldnt you know it,,my pinkie finger has nowhere to set,it always hit the vol knob by accident,turning it down,,or up. It a personal preference thing I guess. But yea,your right thats probably why its there.

Archived