Gibson Brands Forums

Going to the capital city of my state : Sydney for 2 days

FenderGuy1

I've seen the owner interviewed in some clips. Interesting guy.

He has had some great gear through his shop including a '59 'burst.

Apparently the likes of Joe Walsh an so on visit his shop when in town so keep your eyes peeled on the guys as well as the guits!

Have a blast!

[thumbup]

P.

Enjoy it,

Frankly I have never been too impressed with vintage guitars at stores, maybe because a lot of them have a whole lot of miles in them, it is weird to me to play an instrument that has somebody else's wear pattern on it, I feel like I don't belong.

The pencil thin necks, worn fretboards and frets, meh, not for me. I like to look and be amazed by how cool those guitars look but that's where it ends for me.

From what I've seen with vintage dealers I have dealt with,they are all extremely particular who they let play their guitars as some of them could be worth more than a new vehicle or even a house.Where they all have a "You break it,you own it." policy,they don't let people play them unless they are sure that the person is genuinely interested in making a purchase and more importantly,can afford to pay for anything that they break or damage.I'm telling you this so that you won't be too let down if they refuse to take their vintage guitars for a test drive.Anyway I do hope that you get a chance to play oldies but goodies,because if you happen to play a particularly good example,you won't like going back to using late model guitars.

Archived