Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Shred Before/ After

RUSHian

I hope you don't mind if I make a few comments.

From the picture it looks like the pick up selector ring is white while the pickup rings are cream. If that is the case I think you should pick one colour for these two items. The other thing is I never liked the gold tone and volume controls on a black guitar. I think you should have stuck with the black ones or maybe even white ones to match the rings and selector switch.

On my new Midtown it has all white in these areas and some hate the white knobs but I like it. If not than stick with the black ones. Gold would be my last choice.

I don't mean to offend you that is a very cool guitar.

From the picture it looks like the pick up selector ring is white while the pickup rings are cream. If that is the case I think you should pick one colour for these two items. The other thing is I never liked the gold tone and volume controls on a black guitar. I think you should have stuck with the black ones or maybe even white ones to match the rings and selector switch.

On my new Midtown it has all white in these areas and some hate the white knobs but I like it. If not than stick with the black ones. Gold would be my last choice.

That's you personal opinion, everybody has one.

I have my HONEY /BADGER Pup selectore switch cover on there now until I get the cream one

D'OH! Gibson has this color scheme too?!!

post-27237-042979600 1345727442_thumb.jpg

Hello Rushian! Completely agree with BillyBob! Congratulations, otherwise very nice guitar! Cheers... Bence

No, I just don't agree with your opinion. My guitar, my choices. Each person's guitar should be unique to the player, agree?

OK I agree you can do whatever you want. It's your choice. I just would not wear brown shoes with a black tuxedo. Now the cummerbund on the other hand....

yeah, just my opinion but the white ring looks odd to me, i had this battle with my ebony trad, i also though about removing it but the finish wasnt fully dried before they put the ring on!!! so i took the black ring and removed the treble and rhythm, looks good to me, i agree the before look was TOO black that it didnt pop like it does now

Dude

I'm Loving it

Made me think twice

I might just buy one of those now

How much - $100 worth in plastic ? and it looks fantastic !!1

Rhyme Intentional

Nope, about $30.00!

This is what inspired me BTW... Peter Frampton's LP!

post-27237-000853500 1346345965_thumb.jpeg

Archived