Gibson Brands Forums

LP Custom, Standard or Studio ?

edsleite

Hi friends,

One more help for me ...

Sorry if this post is repetitive, but I don't find any good answer for my question...

I'm really interested in adquire a new Epiphone Les Paul

My doubt is which model I buy

I really like de Custom, because it seems better constructed than Les Paul Standard, or Studio ( Am I right ? )

Other thing that really atract me is the headstock ! I really love the Custom's headstock !

My question is : what better benefits I have with custom or standard or studio ?

In advance I pretend to change the pickups whatever be the choice

Thanks !

Eddie

Hi, me i will say go with the Epiphone "Tribute" Les Paul Standard

take a look at this link

http://www2.gibson.c...dard/Specs.aspx

for me this guitar is the best Epiphone and it come with HSC and is better than a Gibson les paul studio(made in usa)

but imo

Hi ! Thanks for the opinion !!!

I don't knew this Epi LP !

Its amazing ! And I read the specs and this guitar comes with Gibson 57 humbucking ! It's exactly pickups I want in my Epi !!!

It still in production at these days ?

Hi ! Thanks for the opinion !!!

I don't knew this Epi LP !

Its amazing ! And I read the specs and this guitar comes with Gibson 57 humbucking ! It's exactly pickups I want in my Epi !!!

It still in production at these days ?

yes you can find almost in every music. if you are from Canada. long and mcquade or L.A music and from the state Guitar center

oup! i saw you are from Brazil. but i think you can order from Guitar center

yes you can find almost in every music. if you are from Canada. long and mcquade or L.A music and from the state Guitar center

Thank you again Dan

I searched on Guitar Center website but just showed used guitars. On the Sam Ash website there is the guitar and I asked some more information about to order one

I'll be in Orlando in january, so probably I'll bring one to Brazilian lands !!! msp_biggrin.gif

Once again, thank you for the tip !!!

• 4 months later...

Hey Dan, how are you ?

My friend, now I'm here with my LP Tribute 1960, exactly guitar that you mencioned in this post

I'm very, very happy with this baby ! What a guitar, man !!!

Thank you a lot to give me this tip ! I'm really glad !!!

Because of it, and good people like you, good foruns have to be ever exist !!!

Again, thank you !!!!

Hi, me i will say go with the Epiphone "Tribute" Les Paul Standard

for me this guitar is the best Epiphone and it come with HSC and is better than a Gibson les paul studio(made in usa)

but imo

That's a good choice. I have the 1959 LP Std as I prefer Burstbuckers, but it's made like the Tributes. Excellent guitars, good as lower-end Gibsons.

As far as the Custom, Std, and Studio: all are built the same. The differences are in the cosmetics: binding, inlay size, color of hardware, etc. Same guitar underneath. Customs and Stds now come with Probuckers which are very good PU's (on a par with American-made), I think Studios have Alnico Classics, which are also very good. Big improvement over the PU's they used to use.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived