Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
prsim

mapping for traktor

I have managed to find a traktor custom mapping for the djc4 but alot of the buttons are not doing as they should. Not a massive problem. The biggest problem for me is that the volume meters are only showing the master out and i cant switch between individual and master. in vdj mapping you could do this by pressing shift and headphone cue. but not on the traktor mapping. Im findin it difficult to gain my tracks properly.

Please help

Thanks

I have managed to find a traktor custom mapping for the djc4 but alot of the buttons are not doing as they should. Not a massive problem. The biggest problem for me is that the volume meters are only showing the master out and i cant switch between individual and master. in vdj mapping you could do this by pressing shift and headphone cue. but not on the traktor mapping. Im findin it difficult to gain my tracks properly.

Please help

Thanks

Nobody wants to help me :( I feel so alone!!!

Im using pro 2.5 and pc :)

Ill give this a try thanks!!

It should be on the website in a few days-I finished that about a week ago, was just sent out. Please give your feedback, I had some good fun making it!

It should be on the website in a few days-I finished that about a week ago, was just sent out. Please give your feedback, I had some good fun making it!

Thanks for your reply!

Do you have a link for the website that it will be downloadable from. I cant seem to find anywhere on the stanton website where there are any mappings available.

Thanks. [thumbup]

For now, download it here:

http://www.decks.co.uk/siteimages/DJC4Traktor2_5_1DualDeckDualSample.tsi

http://www.decks.co.uk/siteimages/DJC.4_Traktor2.51Mapping.pdf

That is the file and the mapping diagram I made. It is pretty straight forward-I didn't try to do anything too tricky, save for some deep shift functionality for things like getting to the top of the track and beat jumping. Scratching feels very tight.

I'm thinking of doing some more tricky controllerist presets to match the ones I made for myself, with things like Jog FX and some other things. Would anyone be interested in those? It would be a weekend personal project, in no way official (just something for the guys here). What do you think, and what kind of stuff would you like to see?

Jog FX is a great idea, maybe for 3-4 FX unit !

I'm actually trying to map the DJC.4 because I don't feel very confidence with the offccial mapper.

My personal desire is using 2 track decks, having 4 effects units and something to d with sampler that have become completely unused without a F1.

I'm working on my own mapper, but still don't know what to do with original sampler buttons ... Maybe 5/8 cues ?

For now, download it here:

http://www.decks.co.uk/siteimages/DJC4Traktor2_5_1DualDeckDualSample.tsi

http://www.decks.co.uk/siteimages/DJC.4_Traktor2.51Mapping.pdf

That is the file and the mapping diagram I made. It is pretty straight forward-I didn't try to do anything too tricky, save for some deep shift functionality for things like getting to the top of the track and beat jumping. Scratching feels very tight.

I'm thinking of doing some more tricky controllerist presets to match the ones I made for myself, with things like Jog FX and some other things. Would anyone be interested in those? It would be a weekend personal project, in no way official (just something for the guys here). What do you think, and what kind of stuff would you like to see?

Thanks for the mapping!! Will download and check it out tonight. Hopefully it works - been using the tsi downloaded from the German website and the jog wheels do not work correctly unless I hold the shift button down. Thanks again, will give you some feedback tomorrow. Cheers

what do you mean the jog wheels don't work correctly?

I have a feeling you're talking about the functionality in that touching the outside is nudge, inside platter is vinyl mode. I haven't tried it out myself yet in terms of what you're talking about, but just above the platter there's that button marked 'Vinyl/SMART'. If you bash that, it lights up red, and gives you that functionality, versus only having the whole edge/platter in nudge mode...

Let me know if that's what you're talking about, and if that fixes your issue.

If it is, sweet!! I rekon it's a great idea, saves you accidentally changing the position of the track just by touching the platter

Thanks Boof! - Turned scratch mode on and I could use the platter. Without scratch mode on, touching the platter moves the track super slow but that maybe by design. Just realized I was using an older version of Traktor Pro, so that may also be a problem. Thanks for your help though.

Thanks Boof! - Turned scratch mode on and I could use the platter. Without scratch mode on, touching the platter moves the track super slow but that maybe by design. Just realized I was using an older version of Traktor Pro, so that may also be a problem. Thanks for your help though.

The preset will only work for version 2.5 or above (about 1/2 won't work on anything before that point). It was finished in 2.51, so there could be a bug or two on 2.5 (there are occasionally minor changes made between versions that can lead to issues even if it is "backwards compatible").

The preset will only work for version 2.5 or above (about 1/2 won't work on anything before that point). It was finished in 2.51, so there could be a bug or two on 2.5 (there are occasionally minor changes made between versions that can lead to issues even if it is "backwards compatible").

Thanks alot - upgraded Traktor last night and also tried the DJC.4 on VDJ. Man, VDJ did not feel very good if you ask me, doing some really weird stuff in VDJ LE. Im grateful for the mapping for Traktor.

Strangely enough I noticed the same thing... It just didn't feel as tight as the mapping for Traktor. Whether or not that's due to a lack of experience with VDJ LE, I don't know. I found beat matching for one was just infinitely harder for some reason.

The one thing that's taking me a long time to get used to though is making sure the corresponding position between a knob's physical position and the software's position is bang on. I'm finding that I'm having to almost 're-initialise' each knob any time I use it - at least for the knobs that have several functions, i.e. Low EQ and Filter. Pain in the *** if you ask me, and I've found that that is the case regardless of whether or not you are using Traktor or VDJ. Still, I guess it's to be expected, I just wish it was a bit easier to use instead of trying to find the knobs position mid-set... can lead to some very erratic filtering =P The only workaround I have so far is to just try and reset it back to zero when I'm done using it, so that it works next time without me having to screw around with it more.

Strangely enough I noticed the same thing... It just didn't feel as tight as the mapping for Traktor. Whether or not that's due to a lack of experience with VDJ LE, I don't know. I found beat matching for one was just infinitely harder for some reason.

The one thing that's taking me a long time to get used to though is making sure the corresponding position between a knob's physical position and the software's position is bang on. I'm finding that I'm having to almost 're-initialise' each knob any time I use it - at least for the knobs that have several functions, i.e. Low EQ and Filter. Pain in the *** if you ask me, and I've found that that is the case regardless of whether or not you are using Traktor or VDJ. Still, I guess it's to be expected, I just wish it was a bit easier to use instead of trying to find the knobs position mid-set... can lead to some very erratic filtering =P The only workaround I have so far is to just try and reset it back to zero when I'm done using it, so that it works next time without me having to screw around with it more.

Yep, ditto here. I think the term is "soft-takeover" or something like that. I hate it, but I will have to get use to it. Sometimes I would turn the filter down only to find it isnt moving on the screen, madness. I think the reset to Zero might be a good idea, will give it a go tonight.

Also, the volume seems really low. I dont have a power cable yet, which is suppose to make a difference.

Yep, ditto here. I think the term is "soft-takeover" or something like that. I hate it, but I will have to get use to it. Sometimes I would turn the filter down only to find it isnt moving on the screen, madness. I think the reset to Zero might be a good idea, will give it a go tonight.

Also, the volume seems really low. I dont have a power cable yet, which is suppose to make a difference.

Power cable doesn't make a difference in volume, only in performance if your USB power is low and you are getting some noise.

Power cable doesn't make a difference in volume, only in performance if your USB power is low and you are getting some noise.

Thanks for the reply - saved myself buying a power cable. I am getting some noise through my headphones that isnt noticable when playing music.

I havent hooked up to loud speakers yet. Im hoping the noise isnt a problem through the main speakers. BTW - The Traktor mapping is Awesome. I have ditched the VDJ altogether (couldnt get my head around the CUE button setting a permanant CUE point, wtf!?!?)

Do you know if you have a SHIFT - Button for the SNAP/QUANTASIZE on/off in the mapping?

Thanks for the reply - saved myself buying a power cable. I am getting some noise through my headphones that isnt noticable when playing music.

I havent hooked up to loud speakers yet. Im hoping the noise isnt a problem through the main speakers. BTW - The Traktor mapping is Awesome. I have ditched the VDJ altogether (couldnt get my head around the CUE button setting a permanant CUE point, wtf!?!?)

Do you know if you have a SHIFT - Button for the SNAP/QUANTASIZE on/off in the mapping?

Yup-shift+Load A/B buttons turn on/off Snap/Quantize!

Are these threads alive anymore??

Wow....impatient. Anyway, the current mapping allows you to control the exact same things that Angelo was using in that video (hot cues/loop recorder/sample decks/FX control/sample grab). The only thing you can't do is use it as a straight audio mixer, though, what that video failed to show was that Angelo was using an NI audio interface for his turntables anyway, so it was still using a piece of external gear to get the DVS functionality.

Haha, Yes patients isnt my strong suit, I'm sorry. OK that's what I wanted to hear, Thank you!!

I have an Audio 8 so I should be good to go. You seem to be the go to guy around here, do you use any other forums or have a Facebook page?

Haha, Yes patients isnt my strong suit, I'm sorry. OK that's what I wanted to hear, Thank you!!

I have an Audio 8 so I should be good to go. You seem to be the go to guy around here, do you use any other forums or have a Facebook page?

This is pretty much where I hang out. I have a Facebook, but that is my personal one, not for work stuff. :unsure:

I also hang out on DJ Worx a fair amount, as I used to be a writer/editor for Skratchworx back in the day.

Cool, OK I'm having some trouble with routing. I have an A8DJ and I wan try to record the much only for loops in the remix deck. Since I can only use 1 soundcard with Traktor I'm kinda lost here. Why can't it be like vdj and let me use the djc.4 for my headphones and master out and my onboard mic to record vocal loops. Any input would be great.