Gibson Brands Forums

ES339

Jazzbox1

Pardon my FRENCH, but what the Hell is going on with the Epiphone ES 339 Hardshell cases NOT being available?

I picked up my ES 339 Pro in June, 2012. I got it without a case. I figured, 'NMo Problem', I'll just order one. HA !!

Every guitar chain, ie: Musc Frnd, Gutar Cntr, Ash, etc etc etc are all 'currently Out of Stock'. But they show they will be arriving next week.

And they keep Updating their Delivery date weekly,... to another week in the future. Why has Epiphone NOT addressed this problem. The latest Real Update from Guitar Center, is looking at December before the cases arrive? Very CRAPPY customer Support.

Jazzbox1

Well, it's not just the 339 cases. There are shortages of cases in a lot of models. I have heard of folks waiting close to year to get a case for their Dot. I gave up on buying one myself. And the same goes for several other models as well.

Perhaps you should be writing Gibson/Epiphone, and asking them that question. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem. I bought my ES339 in May "from zzounds.com" with the case, but the case was backordered. I check all the websites every day. I've contacted Epiphone and they just said they are backordered to contact my reseller. I've contacted zzounds 3 times. They said they had some coming in - in september and then the next batch in november. The ones in sept are already promised "i'm hoping to be one of those people". I've thought about a gig bag, but I want decent protection for my guitar. I play out every week and sometimes take my es339 "in the front seat with me", just because I want to play it. It's frustrating, but I want the correct case.

is it the same as the wildcat case ?

I don't know for a fact that they are exactly the same, but I can tell you that my Wildkat does fit very snuggly into my into my 339 case.

I waited for 4 months for what I thought would be a Gibson 339 case. It turned out to be an Epiphone case. GC had it listed as "Gibson" but charged an Epiphonic price of $89.99. Actual Gibson cases usually run @ $200.

Archived