Gibson Brands Forums

NGD - Pics and review.

Buxom

Well, I bought myself a factory second Fender Sonoran S acoustic. It has a cosmetic flaw in the pickguard. It arrived this afternoon.

Let me just say that the overall craftsmanship of this guitar is superb. There is not a single sharp fret end, high fret, or bit of loose binding anywhere. The solid spruce top really projects and resonates well. The neck feels like it was designed for my hand. I can comfortably be a lazy thumb and still play all of the stuff I want to. The frets are different, they're very small compared to what I'm used to, but I'm adjusting. The higher frets are extremely easy to access on all strings. It played great straight out of the box. Very, very, smooth playing instrument.

The looks of this guitar are simply stunning. The bird's eye on the headstock really goes with it well, the finishes used really express the grains in the wood. The binding on the edges kind of offsets everything and ties it together. But, my favorite part is actually the pickguard. It's 2 different tones of gold because I guess it wasn't made properly. Its got kind of this little bit of personality. I don't know how to describe it, it's just cool.

PhJ5z.jpg

zT0Tw.jpg

zXa76.jpg

I sat outside with it and enjoyed myself for about 45 minutes today. The neighbors and passersby were all staring at me. I'll try to get a demo up eventually, something that shows some highs and lows.

Glad to hear that it came up to your expectations and the build-quality is high.

As someone who has bought mostly used guitars the 'defects' on the 'guard wouldn't have bothered me in the slightest considering the resultant price discount. 'Character'.

I especially love the look of the p'head.

Great score, Buxom!

[thumbup]

P.

Glad to hear that it came up to your expectations and the build-quality is high.

As someone who has bought mostly used guitars the 'defects' on the 'guard wouldn't have bothered me in the slightest considering the resultant price discount. 'Character'.

I especially love the look of the p'head.

Great score, Buxom!

[thumbup]

P.

I agree

Enjoy,, acoustics are awesome.. and from what I've heard of your playing,, a complete departure from your style... [thumbup]

Not saying that your style or was a bad thing,, but expanding is always good.

Enjoy.. the acoustic will bring you new inspiration you never knew you had.

Archived