Gibson Brands Forums

Are Gibson L-00 and Epi EL-00 identical in size?

sumner77

Hi, I'm looking for a case that fits a vintage L-00. Does anyone know if the Epiphone EL-00 guitar is exactly the same body dimensions as the Gibson L-00? Thanks.

i don't know if they are the EXACT dimensions, but i know that each fits in the other's case as a general rule. I haven't tried to fit a vintage one to an epi case, but i know vintage ones fit the modern gibson case. and a new gibson fits an epi case, so all should be well.

• 2 weeks later...

The Epiphone El-00 is not identical in shape to the Gibson L-00. The EL-00 has a bigger lower bout, around 15 3/8" (the l-00 is 14 3/4"). I have an epiphone branded case that I got from Sweetwater for the EL-00 and when I put my L-00 in there it swims around. There is about a 5/8" gap on one side of the lower bout. I suppose you could throw some cloth in there to use it in a pinch but I don't recommend the EL-00 case for an L-00. A good case should fit like a glove. There is just too much play here. Likewise the EL-00 is too tight in any case that fits an L-00 well. I would just hunker down and buy a Gibson supplied archtop case for an L-00 or the equivalent from TKL or whoever makes it.

Archived