Gibson Brands Forums

Can't decide on a new Studio

Marvin Mealer

I am having a hard time deciding between colors on the 2012 Les Paul Studio. I really like the Iverness Green, the Pelham Blue, and the Fireburst. I wish I could buy all three but my wife would kill me if I did.

Decisions... Decisions...

Any input?

I am having a hard time deciding between colors on the 2012 Les Paul Studio. I really like the Iverness Green, the Pelham Blue, and the Fireburst. I wish I could buy all three but my wife would kill me if I did.

Decisions... Decisions...

Any input?

I had the same trouble when I bought my 60s Tribute Studio.. At first it was between a Honeyburst and a Cherryburst...

I went to the shop and just tried as many as they had.. And ended up with a Goldtop (that I love so much). And I hadnt even ever consdidered a Goldtop before for some reason.. But it just spoke to me...

So yeah... the moral of the story.. Just try as many as you can.. Even if they have two or three of the same colour.. Cos each one will play just slightly different.

Good luck [thumbup]

I had the same trouble when I bought my 60s Tribute Studio.. At first it was between a Honeyburst and a Cherryburst...

I went to the shop and just tried as many as they had.. And ended up with a Goldtop (that I love so much). And I hadnt even ever consdidered a Goldtop before for some reason.. But it just spoke to me...

So yeah... the moral of the story.. Just try as many as you can.. Even if they have two or three of the same colour.. Cos each one will play just slightly different.

Good luck [thumbup]

I guess I should go try them out. At least Guitar Center is good for something!

...I went to the shop and just tried as many as they had.. And ended up with a Goldtop (that I love so much). And I hadnt even ever consdidered a Goldtop before for some reason.. But it just spoke to me...

I had a similar experience. I never used to like goldtops but the Joe Bonamassa studio did it for me. A bit more costly but well worth it to me. Good luck.

Archived