Gibson Brands Forums

Joe Meets Joe

Californiaman

Thanks, C'man. JW is one of my guitar heroes. I can remember JB at around 12 yrs. old, featured occasionally on local radio blues hour type shows. I think he's from around here...maybe Utica. Funny though; I always felt he had the skill but was a bit lacking in 'soul', whatever that is. A technical player, maybe still young to get that feeling out. Wish I had half his talent though. Walsh always gets me laughing.

Thanks for the post C. Joe has always been one of my favs and I've come to appreciate JB's playing more in recent years. To me he's kinda like the Billy Joel of Blues. He's proficient in any style and definitely has the chops but is derivative of everything thats come before. Doesn't mean he can't be enjoyed ya just know you've heard it before.

Just my opinion though. Love em both!

Great post,, thanks man,,, Joe Walsh is a funny dude.

What a cool meeting. No wonder they recorded it and made it available for us to see.

Other than a great plug for their store,, it's a very cool "day in the life" at that establishment.

[thumbup]

Here's hoping you're just joking with that comment.

I try not to take anything online that seriously...except guitar shopping and banking. However, as with anyone who nearly blew their life up with substance abuse, you're glad they come to their senses in time. Unless, of course, they're A-holes.

I try not to take anything online that seriously...except guitar shopping and banking. However, as with anyone who nearly blew their life up with substance abuse, you're glad they come to their senses in time. Unless, of course, they're A-holes.

If you've had someone close to you and watched alcoholism / drug abuse destroy whole families you wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Hopefully Joe stays strong and enjoys his new family for many years.

Archived