Gibson Brands Forums

Amplifier arts and crafts.

Twiz

My dad taught me to take care of what I've got. So, I decided to make a dust cover for my Vox AC4TV. I learned a couple things from the experience...

1) I suck at sewing.

2) I don't ever want to make another amp dust cover again. Ever.

1885.jpg

1892.jpg

It looks way better than I thought it would reading your description before scrolling down to see the finished pic. I'd say our seamstress skills are at least average. [biggrin] Most importantly it looks like it will do the job. [thumbup]

That's not all that bad esp. for first time job. You could always flip the folds that are around the handle to the inside and re-stitch to finish that even better.

I took my hand at sewing years back with making a down parka & vest. Made several coats & vests and still have them even. Turned out really nice. Use to sew up stuff sacks & bags for my camping/backpacking days too when I was a Scoutmaster for 10 yrs. and had a Boy Scout troop.

Aster

Good Job!

Sewing builds character.

It's difficult and men don't do it unless of course they need to sew a button back on, put on a patch or mend a hole.

[thumbup]

I wish I had taken a sewing elective in High School. Being able to make stage cloths would be an incredible asset to a fledgling band with no backing.

Archived