Gibson Brands Forums

Love this band..

merseybeat1963

Heard this on the radio the other day. I too like the Cranberries, and this song is no exception. I did think that they're moving into Smiths tribute-band territory here though. Aside from Dolores's voice being nothing like Morrissey's, the instrumental track is a dead ringer for the sound of Marr, Rourke and Joyce c. 1984. I like the Smiths too, so nothing at all wrong with that. I just keep hearing 'Tomorrow may be too late' and thinking 'Heaven knows I'm miserable now', that's all.

Heard this on the radio the other day. I too like the Cranberries, and this song is no exception. I did think that they're moving into Smiths tribute-band territory here though. Aside from Dolores's voice being nothing like Morrissey's, the instrumental track is a dead ringer for the sound of Marr, Rourke and Joyce c. 1984. I like the Smiths too, so nothing at all wrong with that. I just keep hearing 'Tomorrow may be too late' and thinking 'Heaven knows I'm miserable now', that's all.

Yeah, I remember they got that 'johnny marr' jingle jangle copy tag back in the early 90's. I quite liked them back in the day, but these days Im pretty lukewarm about them. This single didnt really change my mind to that.

I am with the above post. It is a pleasant tune but it sounds like a thousand others out there.

Problem with being Irish is they peaked early with Van Morrison. Nobody from Ireland (a country which I do love) or in fact most anywhere else had yet been able to top "Astral Weeks."

I am with the above post. It is a pleasant tune but it sounds like a thousand others out there.

Problem with being Irish is they peaked early with Van Morrison. Nobody from Ireland (a country which I do love) or in fact most anywhere else had yet been able to top "Astral Weeks."

nobody from any country has topped astral weeks !!

Archived