Gibson Brands Forums

Looking for a tuning machine...

I recently picked up this guitar from a friend, who basically gave it to me because of a broken tuning machine. I'm really hoping someone may have an extra tuning machine that they might not need. Here is a picture of the guitar. It has Grover tuning machines in it, brushed chrome. I'm not worried about the color really. I just want a machine I can put in here without having to drill...

2012-08-26_23-29-21_379.jpg

2012-08-26_23-29-55_757.jpg

2012-08-26_23-30-18_869.jpg

Thanks for checking it out.

I recently picked up this guitar from a friend, who basically gave it to me because of a broken tuning machine. I'm really hoping someone may have an extra tuning machine that they might not need. Here is a picture of the guitar. It has Grover tuning machines in it, brushed chrome. I'm not worried about the color really. I just want a machine I can put in here without having to drill...

2012-08-26_23-29-21_379.jpg

2012-08-26_23-29-55_757.jpg

2012-08-26_23-30-18_869.jpg

Thanks for checking it out.

Hi,

I'd just drop in a new set entirely. This should be a one for one replacement, no fuss, take about 10 minutes to do the entire upgrade.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners/Guitar,_solid_peghead_tuners/Grover_Tuners/Grover_Full-size_Rotomatics.html

49 dollars for the 18:1 + Shipping, 6 new machine heads, one VERY affordable SG..

you win!!

Hi,

I'd just drop in a new set entirely. This should be a one for one replacement, no fuss, take about 10 minutes to do the entire upgrade.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners/Guitar,_solid_peghead_tuners/Grover_Tuners/Grover_Full-size_Rotomatics.html

49 dollars for the 18:1 + Shipping, 6 new machine heads, one VERY affordable SG..

you win!!

Thanks for the reply. I actually won a set off of eBay earlier today for pretty cheap, so once they come in, I'll have $174 invested in this guitar (price includes new strings as well). I don't think that's too bad for a pretty nice SG...

Thanks for the reply. I actually won a set off of eBay earlier today for pretty cheap, so once they come in, I'll have $174 invested in this guitar (price includes new strings as well). I don't think that's too bad for a pretty nice SG...

nope! you killed it! Enjoy playing that bad boy..

Archived