Gibson Brands Forums

Anybody know what Marshall this is?

swleary

Looks like one of mine, which is a 5210. I think I got it in the late 80's or early 90's. It's as solid state as an amp could ever be, and it sounds like it too, but I actually use it for playing in the apartment now and then.

I'm guessing that's $275 Canadian. I'm too lazy to currency convert but that sounds like a lot for a possibly 20+ year old solid state combo.

Thanks guys. Finally got an email from the guy. Way too much for an old amp. Saw one for $75 not too long ago. Guy must be on crack lol.

Looking for a small 30-50 watt amp for my daughter. She wants a Marshall because dad uses one so they must be good lol.

She's the 5210 alright,I have the tube version which is the 4210 and that's just an absolute screamer.The 5210 is no slouch either and the Celestion that comes with it is worth over $200 new and is one of the best that Celestion ever made and in a 4-12 cab they sound incredible-almost as good as the original Greenbacks.

She's the 5210 alright,I have the tube version which is the 4210 and that's just an absolute screamer.The 5210 is no slouch either and the Celestion that comes with it is worth over $200 new and is one of the best that Celestion ever made and in a 4-12 cab they sound incredible-almost as good as the original Greenbacks.

These amps use mosfet transistors (no digital stuff here!), and were designed to sound like the JCM 800s. They sound great (especially for adding textures in the studio!), better than most solidstate/modeling amps IMHO.

Billy Gibbons used these to record in the mid/late 80s.

Archived