Gibson Brands Forums

My R8 is fading

Guest Farnsbarns

Guest Rabs Vista

When I bought my iced tea R8 I bought it for the sound and feel. I thought it was a little bit too dark, slightly too much red but that didn't put me off because I loved it for the reasons that mattered.

The red has definitely faded quite a bit though, there is grain visible by the pup selector that was not visible before. It's kept in doors in a room with very little natural light and what light there is comes in through double glazing so there can't be much UV getting in so I am surprised but pleased. [love][thumbup][biggrin]

I have left mine in the sun a few times, I would like to mainly fade the back and neck a little bit but the guitar looks fine the way it is.

Here she is sunbathing.

DSCF2931.jpg

Staring at this picture of this beautiful Les Paul (you must be a proud papa!) of yours makes me feel like Stewie Griffin when he was in the girl's locker room! [drool][blush]

Staring at this picture of this beautiful Les Paul (you must be a proud papa!) of yours makes me feel like Stewie Griffin when he was in the girl's locker room! [drool][blush]

this thing is hideous,, send it to me so I can put it out of it's misery!

[rolleyes]

Just kidding,,, it's a beauty!

Don't you mean boys locker room?? Lol, though I don't remember the episode you're referring to, I'm pretty sure he's battin' for the other team.

Man are you using a magnify glass on that poor guitar, Riffster. Anyway I would say more info is needed to find out what faded/changed RV's ice tea R8, like when he purchased it, (e.g. there is something RV is not telling too, like what chemicals he is using casually to keep the guitar clean etc. etc.). :-k

Don't you mean boys locker room?? Lol, though I don't remember the episode you're referring to, I'm pretty sure he's battin' for the other team.

It was the one where he was trying to be a cheerleader and Peter discovered that he was part African-American.

Archived