Gibson Brands Forums

Fender American VIntage

surfpup

If they can capture the authentic sound and feel of the original "L" Series Fenders-'62-'65,they'll certainly have a winning series on their hands.After playing Teles and Strats from every decade I have to say that to my ears and hands the "L" series exceeds all other Fenders.Of course the L series had it's share of dogs by and large they were great and those that were great were exceptional.

I do think that if possible everybody should have a USA Fender guitar in there collection. Ive got plenty guitars,Gibson,ibanez,Fender etc but I would say that my telecaster is buy far the most versatile guitar I own.

I find it funny that several years ago, bone nuts were standard on the AV Fenders. Then they changed to plastic. Now they're putting them back on as a "feature". Oh, and bringing the price up about $400-$1000 for some "specially designed pickups" and "vintage correct hardware". They've always had Lacquer finishes. The hardware worked. The pickups were fine.

If you look at the MAP for the Jag and Jazz, you can get a Vintage one (possibly refin, but still authentic) for about the same amount as Fender is charging for the AV version.

Seriously Fender, what's with all the high-end stuff all of a sudden? (Select Series, Eric Clapton Signature Amps, overpriced AV reissues)

Seriously Fender, what's with all the high-end stuff all of a sudden? (Select Series, Eric Clapton Signature Amps, overpriced AV reissues)

Gotta pay for that settlement with the boys in DC.

and before any other members get offended by my use of the word "boys" to describe anyone in our nations capital believe me it was not intentional and in no way conveys my political leanings, beliefs or mocks the very essence of dartboards in general.

Hmm, 2k for a tele?? Seems a bit over priced..

Then again, what's the deal with $599 for a blues Jr?

I know they are fine amps, but seems a bit over priced to me..

and people bash Gibson for over pricing?? Hmmm,,, I dunno....

Archived