Gibson Brands Forums

New axe, not a Gibson this time

awel

That is nice,,only thing that I modify on strats right off the bat is,The Volume knob,I take out one of the tone knobs,and wire the remaining tone knob as a "master tone knob" and place the volume knob on top,{2 knobs,,one vol,,one master tone} and then cover with modeling foil the open vol hole in pickgaurd. I rest my palm on the bridge when I play,,and the vol knob is totally in the way{But thats just me} Beautiful Strat BTW

Beautiful... I love that configuration... I have the pick up set up on my strat...

Thank you Dave, I think this configuration is the more versatile, I mean it is cool to have a real humbucker on a strat, it allows you to touch almost all the blues rock sounds.

That is nice,,only thing that I modify on strats right off the bat is,The Volume knob,I take out one of the tone knobs,and wire the remaining tone knob as a "master tone knob" and place the volume knob on top,{2 knobs,,one vol,,one master tone} and then cover with modeling foil the open vol hole in pickgaurd. I rest my palm on the bridge when I play,,and the vol knob is totally in the way{But thats just me} Beautiful Strat BTW

Thanks, note that on this one, she comes with the S1 swtich (that I am not using BTW :) ) on the volume knob

She's a beauty alright,that finish is absolutely spectacular.However I'm not a fan of the HSS configuration on a Strat but that's only because I have OCD when it comes to Fender models that have traditionally been single coil only.All my Fenders are single coil and if I want humbuckers I rely on my Les Pauls,Firebird and Guild S-100 NB.I hope some day to be able to get my hands on an original Fender Starcaster from the mid 70s or a '72 Tele Deluxe as they were both humbucker equipped.

Stunning guitar! Good move to go for the HSS config too, IMO.

Does it have the compound radius and the ability to alter the angle of the neck without using shims?

Thanks, yes it has everything, even that smart idea that tremolo arm has just to be clicked inside.

wow thats SHARP !!! great score!

my Amer Dlx has the N3s and S1, which I use about 60% of the time.......mainly as a booster.

the Dlx series is a lot of guitar for the $ !

love that Sunset Metallic !

Thanks

She's a beauty alright,that finish is absolutely spectacular.However I'm not a fan of the HSS configuration on a Strat but that's only because I have OCD when it comes to Fender models that have traditionally been single coil only.All my Fenders are single coil and if I want humbuckers I rely on my Les Pauls,Firebird and Guild S-100 NB.I hope some day to be able to get my hands on an original Fender Starcaster from the mid 70s or a '72 Tele Deluxe as they were both humbucker equipped.

Thanks, I just wanna have something very versatile, to avoid to take 3 guitars with me when I have a small jam/show

Looks great! Congrats. I like the S1. It can give some interesting tone combinations. At first I never used it either but now I use it a lot.

Thanks, I am sure I will as well but right now, I really like the 'normal' possibility that the HSS offers me :)

Archived