Gibson Brands Forums

She's not Blonde but...

eggs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

THIS one has a few issues, one quite serious.

That headstock crack does not look like it will hold to me. And seriously, there is no WAY a qualified luthier would make a statement like "it will hold when it is strung" meant to be taken seriously without at least stringing it up.

The fact it isn't strung now? What does that mean?

The good part, I guess, is that the bass looks OK but the neck finish looks like crap, and this would be an excuse to refin the neck. The other good news, is that the bass SHOULD go for cheap.

THIS one has a few issues, one quite serious.

That headstock crack does not look like it will hold to me. And seriously, there is no WAY a qualified luthier would make a statement like "it will hold when it is strung" meant to be taken seriously without at least stringing it up.

The fact it isn't strung now? What does that mean?

The good part, I guess, is that the bass looks OK but the neck finish looks like crap, and this would be an excuse to refin the neck. The other good news, is that the bass SHOULD go for cheap.

Agreed on all points Stein,,,,,however at the starting price of £600,,,,I think he will be disappointed.

Agreed on all points Stein,,,,,however at the starting price of £600,,,,I think he will be disappointed.

Seems like it.

Not having the bass to inspect, it CAN'T be said what else might or might not need work, but just on the price of the repairs seen and the price he is asking, it already exceeds the value when done.

I'm amazed,,,,,it sold for £520.I had another good look at the photos and reckoned it was only good for the hardware,so I didn't bid.

Archived