Gibson Brands Forums

GAS...

thejay

Ever since the Midtown with P90s came out I have wanted one but I also find myself GASing for a 62 Fender Jazzmaster... So much I am thinking of selling my Non-Reverse Firebird (2011 - vintage sunburst and actually rosewood not baked maple like they are now). Any thoughts out there?

You certainly wouldn't be disappointed with the '62 Jazzmaster as it is a wonderful guitar and that "surf tone" really grows on you pretty quickly.The Jaguar is also a great sounding guitar and has a more bell-like tone to its overall sound.The Jag also has more tonal variations available due to the extra controls which give it a much broader range.The thing that a lot of people don't like about the Jag is the short-scale neck but I have a '65 Jag and I find that it allows for faster left hand speed due to the shorter neck and having the frets closer together.

Ever since the Midtown with P90s came out I have wanted one but I also find myself GASing for a 62 Fender Jazzmaster... So much I am thinking of selling my Non-Reverse Firebird (2011 - vintage sunburst and actually rosewood not baked maple like they are now). Any thoughts out there?

How did you like the non reverse firebird?

I was contemplating about getting one to compliment

my Firebird V.

I still have it, haven't sold it, if I do. It's a great guitar, lots of tonal options and plays great. I tend to favor my other guitars for the type of music I have been playing lately and not sure if it's a case of GAS or not. Midtown and Jazzmasters are similarly but not the same.

Archived