Gibson Brands Forums

I can't beleive I did this!!

CowboyBillyBob1

I bought a pair of monitors today so I can mix down songs I record. M-Audio AV40. Cheap but good enough for me right now.

So I spent about 8 to 10 hours recording a tune on my Tascam DP008. I wanted to post it to get some feedback on what I did poorly and advice on how to improve it.

Well I screwd up because I could not find the file on my laptop after I connected the DP008 via USB.

So I tried to follow the directions and like a jerk I reformatted the card and lost ALL my work. The whole freakin' days work just wasted!! Analog tape does have some advantages.

OMG!!

Well as Scarlet O'Hara said "Tommorow is another day".

I am just so bummed out. The only bright side is I know a bit more and it should go quicker doing it again but still.

Arghhhhhh!!!

Guest Rabs Vista

Google Unformat SD card. It can be undone. When formatting the data is intact, the FAT (file allocation table) is simply told to forget where the files are and to consider the area available for use. I.e. the files are still there.

If anything it will get you superfamiliar with the process and you'll never forget the lesson, as above stated.

All the same it sux a$$ that this happened to you >.<

You gonna post after you're finnished in the walk walk thread, right?

'cus now I am curious

I bought a desk so I can put all my recording gear in one organized space. I just did that today. I am slso working on an original tune that I think has a great hook. I definately learned something from this bad experience. it will take abut a week to get this new tune together and I will for sure post it here for your brutal comments. Thats what I want.

Archived