Gibson Brands Forums

Still Loving my Jet City JCA2112RC amp

bluesguitar65

I bought one of these right after you, based on your initial impressions and videos. Even got it with a coupon for something like 15% off, free delivery from MF. Incredible bargain, haven't been sorry for one moment. And they are a great match with the 50's Tribute's P 90s!

I bought one of these right after you, based on your initial impressions and videos. Even got it with a coupon for something like 15% off, free delivery from MF. Incredible bargain, haven't been sorry for one moment. And they are a great match with the 50's Tribute's P 90s!

I'm glad you are still having fun with it as much as I am. The original 50's tribute gold top is still one of my favorite guitars I own. Have you sold the your other 50's gold top? Last year I've purchased a SG 60's tribute in satin natural color with P90s and that sounds amazing and the neck is so thin, you can fly all over the fingerboard with ease.

I've had mine for about 8 months now and really enjoy it. I played outside for the first time at a party this weekend with some friends, it was the first time I really got to crank it. I was pleasently surprised at how clean it stayed with the gain at 2 and the Master at 7. Using the volume on my HSS Strat gave me all the overdrive I needed when I wanted it. A friend of mine who is a professional musician and normally playes through a 5150 played through it with his 62 Tele thinline and I could hardly get him to unplug from it. [thumbup]

I'm glad you are still having fun with it as much as I am. The original 50's tribute gold top is still one of my favorite guitars I own. Have you sold the your other 50's gold top? Last year I've purchased a SG 60's tribute in satin natural color with P90s and that sounds amazing and the neck is so thin, you can fly all over the fingerboard with ease.

The second Gold Top stayed new in the box until a couple months ago. I had listed it on Craig's list a few months earlier, and got only one or two "tire kicker" calls. Then, I decided I wanted the Road Worn 60's Stratocaster, and looking for a deal, I finally found one on eBay at a Dealer that was NOS from the first run in 2008 (officially released in January of 2009, mine was made in Oct. 2008).

Contacted the Dealer and we decided on an even trade (both did well, he'd bought the Strat at Dealer price, and I only had $750 or so into the Les Paul). Love that Strat, but I wouldn't sell my Gold Top 50's Tribute for much more (several folks tried, as I got 3 serious interested calls from the Craig's List ad weeks after making the trade). And I've still got the pre-flood Honeyburst 50's Tribute too... [thumbup]

ETA: Oh, and I I need an SG (or two). I was set to buy the Classic (P90s) at one point, then I found out the 60's Tribute SGs were coming. I know you've got both, if you could have only one of them, which would it be?

The second Gold Top stayed new in the box until a couple months ago. I had listed it on Craig's list a few months earlier, and got only one or two "tire kicker" calls. Then, I decided I wanted the Road Worn 60's Stratocaster, and looking for a deal, I finally found one on eBay at a Dealer that was NOS from the first run in 2008 (officially released in January of 2009, mine was made in Oct. 2008).

Contacted the Dealer and we decided on an even trade (both did well, he'd bought the Strat at Dealer price, and I only had $750 or so into the Les Paul). Love that Strat, but I wouldn't sell my Gold Top 50's Tribute for much more (several folks tried, as I got 3 serious interested calls from the Craig's List ad weeks after making the trade). And I've still got the pre-flood Honeyburst 50's Tribute too... [thumbup]

ETA: Oh, and I I need an SG (or two). I was set to buy the Classic (P90s) at one point, then I found out the 60's Tribute SGs were coming. I know you've got both, if you could have only one of them, which would it be?

Hmmm....thats tough one. The SG has a very distint tone, very different and not as biting sounding as the 50s tribute. Its got a bit more midrange than the 50s trbiut les paul, and the neck is so fast and so easy to play and get around the fingerboard. The 50s LP has that raw, mean and biting tone, very rock and roll in your face kinda tone. It would have to be a flip of a coin on this one...a toss up.

BTW.... got this beauty today and got it for a steal.....watcha think bud? Oh yes, that's the 60s SG tribute next to her. Plug both in that Class 5 Marshall and you get some mean AC/DC kinda tone.

I got her for $1571 out the door. Yes, they allowed me to use my 15% coupon on top of the already low price of $1699. It pretty much covered more than CA sales tax

IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0793.jpg

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0794.jpg

Archived