Gibson Brands Forums

usps tracking help

blindboygrunt

I've noticed sometimes there's a gap between leaving the US and being updated elsewhere.... I had a guitar disappear for a week or two, then turn up at my door while the status still claimed it was just outside NYC. Only after I had received and signed for it it was later updated with several steps between NYC, Germany then Luxembourg.

Patience grasshopper!

You only get news on a shipment when it's scanned. Got my first bass from San Francisco and didn't hear a thing until it reached an upstate NY distribution center.

I also noticed that even if you request automatic email updating from Fedex or UPS you have to go chase the info, but they tend to scan items at hand-off points along the route.

'The waiting is the hardest part.'

thanks lads.

i dont mind waiting at all. was more just wondering how it all worked .

the united states postal service has tracking on it , but once it leaves the states then it will hardly tally up with the royal mail system over here ?

its only a bag of bridge pins , also wondered why he bothered getting tracking .

i just pray that customs dont make me pay anything :D

There's normally a bit of radio silence in terms of the notifications becuase the shipment number changes between the US & EU too... I've never had a US package turn up as the same number it started life in the US with... all part of the problem.

Sounds like a small package though so hopefully should be faster than if it were a guitar.

Archived