Gibson Brands Forums

NGD!!! - Updated With Photos!

Tman5293

As has been said by many, that's one of the most gorgeous Strats I've seen! Beautiful burst shape, colour and grad.

The personalised neckplate is the icing on a very tasty cake.

Enjoy!

[thumbup]

P.

P.S. Not that it's even close to being important but did you get the t-shirts as well?

:-k

As has been said by many, that's one of the most gorgeous Strats I've seen! Beautiful burst shape, colour and grad.

The personalised neckplate is the icing on a very tasty cake.

Enjoy!

[thumbup]

P.

P.S. Not that it's even close to being important but did you get the t-shirts as well?

:-k

I did, in fact, get two t shirts in the box.

These are the shirts that I got:

Shirt 1: http://www.fender.com/store/index.php/clothing-collectibles/clothing/men-s-clothing/fenderr-since-1954-strat-t-shirt.html

Shirt 2: http://www.fender.com/store/index.php/clothing-collectibles/clothing/men-s-clothing/fenderr-heaven-s-gate-t-shirt.html

While looking at the photo of the custom neck plate they put on your guitar (very cool) I notice the icon of the trash can with an X over it... [confused] Are they saying, don't through you guitar in the trash??? :blink: Well thank God they let you know... Just sayin'...

From the fascinating original post

To the finished item delivered...

The stuff of dreams...initiating GAS of the most acute kind [thumbup]

Re-iterating my earlier enthusiastic post...

How very astute of Fender to offer this accessible 'dream ticket'

Notwithstanding machine down time and perhaps the occasional hangover [biggrin]

And what a result !!

Just hope it gets played some :blink:

V

:-({|=

They're great. Very warm sounding with a bit of a pop to them.

So I'm an older fella that thinks of certain things when I hear the word 'Stracaster'. Do the noiseless do that thing(s)? Or is it a thing of its' own.

rct

I am really impressed with your Strat. I love that the sunburst finish really enhances the grain of the ash(?) body. I am also really surprised t the cost - considering you designed and had it built for you, it's a steal. I will have to convince my wife that we need to take another trip to CA to see the factory. I am now very tempted to replace my Tele with a Strat!

I hope you play it and enjoy it for a very long time.

wow thats fantastic. how did the cost compare to a factory run?

I was wondering that myself, and GRATS...bet you'll be ignoring the other girls in your collection for a while.

The finish is so purdy I'd be afraid to nick her, omg. [drool]

If anyone remembers the thread about my trip to the Fender factory in Corona, then you know that I built my own custom Strat while I was there. They had originally told me it would only take two weeks to get the guitar to me. However, two weeks came around and I heard nothing from Fender. After about a week of calling them and not getting any answers, I finally got a hold of the guy that I built and ordered the guitar with. It turns out that the machine that punches out guitar bodies broke down the week after I was there. My guitar was in the que to be built and finished but after the machine broke down they had to reallocate all of their employees to building production guitars and they stopped building custom orders for about a week and a half. The only person putting the custom orders together was the guy that I ordered the guitar with. He was building them all, by himself. He finished my guitar this past Friday and shipped it through FedEx overnight air today. According to the tracking info, I'll have the guitar by 3:00PM tomorrow. The guy at Fender also said he was going to throw in a few free shirts to apologize for the wait.

I'll update this thread tomorrow with photos and maybe a sound clip if I'm feeling up to it. I'm just so excited I can hardly stand it! wheee.gif

UPDATE!

Man that is one of the sweetest looking guitars Ive ever seen. I ant wait to hear a clip of it in action. so jealousmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gif

Archived