Gibson Brands Forums

LP Ultra III or Custom Silverburst?

aScionsEnd

So I've decided that I'm definitely getting an Epiphone as my next guitar. To be honest at first I wasn't even considering it because I thought epiphone was kind of a knock of brand of Gibson. After doing extensive research though I've decided that I definitely want an Epi LP, without a doubt. I had my mind made up on the Silverburst, but I can't help but question myself on this. I know it's going to come down to me going to GC and trying them out and see what my gut says, but I wanted to see if I could get a discussion going and get some advice from those who have more experience with these guitars then just playing a showroom model at the store. Open to other suggestions too. I haven't had a decent electric in years. When I started playing guitar I was more into metal and got a schector, loved it, but it's long gone and I've grown over the years. I've mainly been playing acoustic, but I want a versatile guitar that I use to play Indie Bluey Rock, to Hard Rock, to indie experiential alternative if you have any idea what I'm saying. Something to can rip open my chest so the world will hear my soul scream through it, but be able to do that throughout a whole spectrum of sound and style.

The Ultra III looks like a great guitar, but it seems like I've seen a lot of complaints. I really like the custom, just not sure which one, or if there's some other models that I should consider.

So I've decided that I'm definitely getting an Epiphone as my next guitar. To be honest at first I wasn't even considering it because I thought epiphone was kind of a knock of brand of Gibson. After doing extensive research though I've decided that I definitely want an Epi LP, without a doubt. I had my mind made up on the Silverburst, but I can't help but question myself on this. I know it's going to come down to me going to GC and trying them out and see what my gut says, but I wanted to see if I could get a discussion going and get some advice from those who have more experience with these guitars then just playing a showroom model at the store. Open to other suggestions too. I haven't had a decent electric in years. When I started playing guitar I was more into metal and got a schector, loved it, but it's long gone and I've grown over the years. I've mainly been playing acoustic, but I want a versatile guitar that I use to play Indie Bluey Rock, to Hard Rock, to indie experiential alternative if you have any idea what I'm saying. Something to can rip open my chest so the world will hear my soul scream through it, but be able to do that throughout a whole spectrum of sound and style.

The Ultra III looks like a great guitar, but it seems like I've seen a lot of complaints. I really like the custom, just not sure which one, or if there's some other models that I should consider.

Peter R is giving you the best advice you will get! 1960 tribute plus LP is the way to go!

Thanks Pete.R, checked it out and it looks amazing. I can't believe I overlooked this before. I think I found my the one. Probably going to get it vintage sunburst, have to check it out in person though first to see how it looks. I'm sure it will be stunning.

Archived