Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone have an Elitist Byrdland or Broadway...

Bunky

I'm in Canada. I foolishly dealed away my old Elitist Byrdland. I do have a line on one now, it has lollar p90s in it. Anyways I figure why not have bookends?! I've got a Hamer Vector Korina i might possibly unload.

Let me know. I might be happy with the Broadway too.

There's a Byrd on eBay right now, with an asking opening bid of $2500 US. No affiliation with the seller, just thought you might like to know.

Byrdland on eBay

Red 333

A bit more than i was hoping. I just found one yesterday in mint condition on a website but it has a deposit on it. So dissapointing!

Well I think the deal is sealed on one I found up here in Canada. Funny thing is that he was telling me his luthier said the original bridge doesn't match the width of the nut/fretboard (whatever it's suppose to match). Anyways it also comes with a rosewood bridge, but i thought the original would be better for rocking. That can't cause any harm can it?

Well I think the deal is sealed on one I found up here in Canada. Funny thing is that he was telling me his luthier said the original bridge doesn't match the width of the nut/fretboard (whatever it's suppose to match). Anyways it also comes with a rosewood bridge, but i thought the original would be better for rocking. That can't cause any harm can it?

Hi Bunky,

About the bridge,, I wouldn't think so, the rosewood bridge may not have the same tone, of course depending on your choice of string gauge, the lighter string gauges intonation may not get as precise as a fully adjustable would, but I've a rosewood bridge on my Emperor, and keeping it strung with 11 gauge strings, it's fine. but if you have both, what the heck, try the stock bridge, he could be right - but - it could just be a matter of his particular opinion.

BTW: I have a Elitist Chet Atkins, one heck of a nice axe. (when I was ordering it, it was a toss up between that one and a Brydland)

It's hard to figure why Epi/Gibson dropped the Elitist line up, (maybe they didn't sell well, they were very well made guitars)

Good luck and let us know how it works out in the end!

(And we'll demand pictures, or it didn't happen!! [biggrin] )

/KB

Bunky, don't know if you've pulled the trigger yet, but this just popped up. Might be worth considering. If you have, congratulations. I've always wanted an Elitist. Post pictures.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Epiphone-Emperor-Made-in-Japan-limited-Model-Very-Rare-Near-Mint-Condition-/110951117077?pt=Guitar&hash=item19d533b115

Buddy is shipping my guitar on Friday. He is sending it with the bridge taken off. Any tips for putting it back on right?

Just to get it in the ballpark ...

1) make sure the height posts are not sticking out of the bottom of the bridge (if they are they will scratch the top when you slide it in place.

2) Capo on the 1st fret

3) Unhook the strings from the tailpiece

4) Line the bridge up along the center of the guitar and in line with the two notches on the f holes

5) Put the high and low E strings on and bring the tension up a little (not to pitch.. just enough to hold the bridge

6) Rest of the strings A.. B .. D .. G .. make sure they are all in the grooves of the bridge

7) Remove the capo and start tuning to pitch E .. E .. A .. B.. D...G and go back over them once more..

8) Set your intonation.

Yep, here's another.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Epiphone-Elitist-Byrdland-/280974183612?pt=Guitar&hash=item416b5dccbc

A little more. Man, I'd like to play one of those to see what they're like.

Here's another. they're coming out of the woodwork now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Epiphone-Elitist-Byrdland-MINT-Condition-/150906921381?pt=Guitar&hash=item2322c0e1a5

I'm in Canada. I foolishly dealed away my old Elitist Byrdland. I do have a line on one now, it has lollar p90s in it. Anyways I figure why not have bookends?!

I'm in Canada and I have a 2004 Elitist Byrdland (sunburst). But, it's not for sale at the moment. I would think that there are very few of these beasties in Canada so I'm glad you managed to find one here.

Archived