Gibson Brands Forums

The lottery...

adam411booking

If you won the 100 Million Dollar Jackpot in the lottery this week what would you do with it?

Seeing that this is a guitar players forum, naturally I assume you'd invest in more gear. What would you buy?

I'll start.

1) I would invest into nice house (not too big, but a little bigger than where I live now). A pool is a must.

2) Share with my family and my close friends.

3) I would build in my backyard a true practice room for band practice/random jam sessions (Not a shed. More like a pool house converted into a room dedicated to live jam sessions).

4) I rennovate my home studio to look more professional (including updating all my equipment). Add vocal booth/guitar closet, drum room, buy a better mixer and audio interface. I'd probably keep Presonus Studio One though (I really like it) for my main software, but I'd probably add Pro Tools HD and Apple Logic on seperate computers.

5) I'd buy several new guitars and basses (obviously). The list of what I would buy is pretty long. Just know that they mostly fall into the Gibson and Fender models.

6) Buy a new car. Nothing like a ferrari or a lamborghini. I'd probably buy a cheaper sports car though (like a Mustang convertable).

7) Buy a van OR tour bus (for touring purposes).

8) Give a portion to my church to help with Renovation to their new sanctiuary.

9) Put at LEAST half into savings bonds so I don't lose it :)

10) Start a pretty good college/trust funds for my future kids.

11) Donate a portion to the American Cancer Society (my mom was an ovarian cancer patient. She survived but because of her illness she will have problems for the rest of her life).

12) Donate a portion to my local EMS/Fire Services. I work for my local EMS and it'd be a good gesture to take some of the pressure of buying new supplies/medications off my manager for a while. Especially the way the economy is with all these county budget cuts left and right.

I'm sure there's other things I'd do as well but at this point in time that's all I can think of.

What would you do with your fortune?

Id open a race track in new york, charge a small fee to keep it running and let everyone enjoy tracks days since theres such a huge car scene in new york and no real race tracks. Also would lower illegal racing since people can get their need for speed out there.

Thats it really, then id go back to working cause lifes boring.

Id open a race track in new york, charge a small fee to keep it running and let everyone enjoy tracks days since theres such a huge car scene in new york and no real race tracks. Also would lower illegal racing since people can get their need for speed out there.

That sounds fun.

Would it be restricted to only cars? Or would you have bike races as well?

Money like that could actually changed poeples lives, and mend broken hearts.

There are a lot of folks in really bad situations that could be brought back again with a few bucks. Poeple losing thier homes. Poeple who need a break.

I would seek these poeple out, and save as many asses as I could.

haha true that.

Would it be like a racetrack (bets on the race) or more like a NASCAR type event, except the participants pay to race?

Racetrack, like something you would see on Le Mans or F1 racing. I like curvy roads and its kinda sad to see all these cars made for those roads and never go on them.

Money like that could actually changed poeples lives, and mend broken hearts.

There are a lot of folks in really bad situations that could be brought back again with a few bucks. Poeple losing thier homes. Poeple who need a break.

I would seek these poeple out, and save as many asses as I could.

That's a true sentiment Stein. Especially with the way the economy is today.

Maybe I'd find a good charity to help out as well.

With $100 Million you can always spare a few bucks to save the needy (and by a few bucks I mean a good bit).

Excellent idea!

Racetrack, like something you would see on Le Mans or F1 racing. I like curvy roads and its kinda sad to see all these cars made for those roads and never go on them.

That's true. We have car shows all the time in our "downtown" region with people that buy these race cars but have never used them (with the exceptional few who have actually raced of course). It sucks though, cause I've seen some pretty sick cars that aren't being used because there's no designated race tracks. If they try and do it on a back road they always seem to get busted. I can see where having a track could be a good idea. I'm sure they'd rather pay a small fee every now and then versus a ticket and have their insurance on their normal street cars go up as well for several months to even years.

Also on a side note, I know a few guys who have trucks that are completely decked out to go off roading, but yet they never take them out. I don't understand why they have those trucks built like that though if they're not going to use them (unless they're just doing it in sort of a fashion sense), in my area there's plenty of places to go and off road "muddin", racing down dirt roads, etc.

I never understood that.

I'd open a good size club and have live bands every weekend. I'd make it big enough have up and coming groups that already have a name but not too big. Some guitars and gear for sure. Oh and the club would have a recording facility in it to record the bands. Some cars and bikes and help out my family and friends along with some deserving charities...

Archived