Gibson Brands Forums

Mark Knopfler

Kennis

Just gotta love this guy. always great.

In the past a lot of his solo work has maybe been a little on the soft side, but the most recent album, Privateering, has a tasty dose blues in it, and is quickly becoming my favorite new music for a long time.

And I'd be willing to bet the Les Paul he plays the lead with in this track is the same as the one he recorded "Brothers in Arms" with.

Tonegasm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuhuEQw7DPM

And I'd be willing to bet the Les Paul he plays the lead with in this track is the same as the one he recorded "Brothers in Arms"

I saw them a year ago and even though I have to be honest and say that I didnt like Dylan so much (but was never a massive fan) I really enjoyed Mark Knophler.. Heres some footage I took.. I wonder if this is the LP he played on the album

I do enjoy some of MK's work with Chet and similar stuff.

Lots of guitar players can play fast and hard; I think fewer can be so lyrical as those two. I also find it interesting that most pickers I know, as we get older, tend to really enjoy working on the "lyrical" since we've already considered and play the faster than lighting up to our own limits.

m

Archived